New to Spark, Prop window not showing?

StixNStonzStixNStonz Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58439Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited May 2013 in Mapping
Hey,

Long time NS1 mapper turned professional, utterly addicted to NS2 and thinking of starting a map. I booted up the editor and started on a basic tutorial, but when I click the Create A Prop button, no new window pops up / out. All the other buttons seem to pop out their windows just fine. I did an NS2 steam Verify Cache and it's still happening. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stix

**EDIT FOR FIX:

Mendsasp fixed it! By pasting this directly into Windows Explorer bar:

%appdata%\Natural Selection 2\Editor\

and deleting options.xml, that returned the editor to default and the window showed up. I'm assuming that a link broke when I moved my Steam directory. Yay for solutions!

Comments

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    From the menu when you have selected the Create a Prop button: Window -> Prop Browser should be checked

Let us know if that's not it.
  • StixNStonzStixNStonz Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58439Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yep, that's checked. Unchecking and re-checking it does nothing either.
  • StixNStonzStixNStonz Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58439Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    One thing is that my Steam directory moved from C:/Program Files/ etc to a different drive. Can't remember if that was before or after NS2 installed, but either way, maybe the Props directory lookup has a bad link? Any way I can check that?
    I was hoping someone else would help, since I have no bright ideas left. At this point I'd just reinstall and pray that works.
    Tried reinstall. Still no prop viewer.
    Sooooooo... guess I won't be making an awesome NS2 map?
    We must be overlooking something, I'm just not sure what it is. Maybe show a screenshot of you with the prop 'pulled up' (and not showing)?

Also make sure that it isn't just 2 pixel wide on the right side - see if you can pull a divider outwards.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2013
    You can get your editor back to default if you go to %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\Editor\ and delete options.xml
    Yeah, Dark, I tried that a bit, hoping ti was just off to the side or something. Hell, maybe I have to plug in my second monitor and it'll be on there (I recently moved and haven't plugged it back in yet, but my desktop isn't set to extend, and I haven't opened Spark proper in years).

Thanks for the link Mendasp, I'll try that out.
    The options.xml wasn't there (didn't have an appdata directory, nor a /editor dir), but a search did find it in some buried folder of all numbers. Opened and saw NS2 stuff. Deleted that and still, no difference.

What. The. Shit.
  • MuzzzyMuzzzy Join Date: 2005-07-20 Member: 56360Members
    Are you sure you typed "%appdata%" right? (with the mod signs).
    I have Win 7 and mine is located in C:/Users/<USERNAME>/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Editor/

Make sure you have hidden folders/files visible or you wont see AppData folder.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    If you copy paste what I posted in Explorer it will get you to the correct folder.
    WHUUUUUT ok it worked. I thought you meant that AppData was under Steam and the search found nothing. I didn't realize you could paste it directly in and do its own search thing.

Crazy. Thanks guys :D
  • FivzFivz Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185072Members
    You should totally make ns_nexus again. guess who this is.