NS2 = win8 = no fullscreen support

2»

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    there are plans yes @ scardybob, last I read.
    But you would be surprised how nice win8 can work.

im just real careful to switch because of games, but the dvd is already in the house. ;)
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

im just real careful to switch because of games, but the dvd is already in the house. ;)
    I'm staring at the upgrade CD on my desk right now. It would just have been nice if Microsoft had remembered that quite a few of their customers still used desktops instead of tablets as their primary computer.
  • fleetcommandfleetcommand Hungary Join Date: 2010-05-20 Member: 71809Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    ScardyBob said:

I'm staring at the upgrade CD on my desk right now. It would just have been nice if Microsoft had remembered that quite a few of their customers still used desktops instead of tablets as their primary computer.
    Well I'm using Win8 since October 28 and I had no problem with it yet. Except some unknown error popped up during the installation. However, the only Modern UI app I'm using a day-to-day basis is the Mail app otherwise mostly desktop things.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    @scardybob well its not as bad. I also got the upgrade dvd here.

@fleetcommand. think I will wait for a SP but I wouldnt be surprised if I would eventually upgrade. have to check my hardware though, its not that standard.