Bug stopping gun from firing

2»

Comments

• nikodimus86nikodimus86 Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163188Members
    Jekt wrote: »
    More often that not being able to shoot, I need to swap weapons back to even reload.

I get similar problems. Cant shoot and can't reload. Switching weapons fixes this. Have no idea what cases it. Once it was after being bitten and jumping. The second time after jumping and shooting, but I can't say for sure the jumping is the cause. It's also happened to me in previous builds several times.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Just bumping this rather than making a new thread.

This happened to me a lot of time; with pistol, LMG and shotty. Changing gun was needed.

(for archive) As of B248; this is still not solved.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Emoo, that Onos imterrupting reload bug has been around for more than 2 years now, so it is probably a 'feature'.

Just change to pistol and back again to be able to resume reloading.
  • PoliniPolini Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164602Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Happened to me a lot with the lerk and bite. I am flying and click the Mouse 1 but the birdie don't bite.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    I didn't encountered this bug since it was mainly fixed month ago.

There could be two possibility for weapon jam I think, I don't know if those one are fixed:
    Firing while entering the CC, or doing a rifle butt while an onos attack you.
  • KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This bug where the rifle jams (and sometimes even the pistol) has been in the game since beta and is still in the game today. It happens very randomly which is why its not been fixed yet, it has nothing to do with enter/exit the cc/hive, I have played games with the bug where I havnt been comm.