#freexao

cyanidecyanide Join Date: 2013-06-15 Member: 185567Members

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    While supplies last.
  • ZaliZali Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185668Members
    edited July 2013
    I agree. Censorship is worse than posting where cheats can be found and being disagreeable.
  • philoglphilogl Join Date: 2012-10-24 Member: 163529Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver
  • MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    Meh, screw that guy honestly. He does more trolling then anything worthwhile on these boards. Let him stay banned, he had plenty of chances to get his act together.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I think the mods here have a hard enough time as it is with people raging, abusing, spamming and generally being cretinous. You can't say that Xao wasn't warned over and over again that his behaviour was unacceptable. Ultimately, if people don't take those warnings on board, they can't very well complain at being jailed or banned.

It might not help certain people's cases that not much gets past the All-Seeing I. ronhorse, but fair warning has always been given before bans as far as I can tell.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    He trolls, but he does it in a hilarious way! Honestly, for what he was warned, that is why I want him back, it's so funny to read.
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Xao was going to be banned sooner or later. As much as Xao was a bright beacon of light in these dark forums he was too edgy. It was only a matter of time before he made another daily thread on the hackers that have not been banned since 8 months ago.

Even so #freexao
  • cyanidecyanide Join Date: 2013-06-15 Member: 185567Members
    We are gaining momentum! ahah. He was edgy but a good read most of the time.
    Honestly, most of his posts contained VERY valid points despite the way he chose to word them. If anything, #promotexao
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't care if he's omniscient, nasty people should be banned.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    How much Ironhorse cares about this petition:

You are correct, however this isnt a imageboard <3 - image deleted - GISP

Edit: GISP no luv meh :(
    Double Edit: You spelled board wrong :) *ftfy
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I can safely speak for all the mods when i say. He was given plenty of chances and the ban was coming sooner than later.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    This thread is a waste of internet space, and thats sayin something.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    The profanity filter disagrees.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    Well shouldn't xao have one less warning point? Because I'm not sure this one should still stand!

" warned Xao for 1 points. Please do not post untrue things. Do your research before you post. "

People post untrue things without research all the time on the forums :p (me included). So, if you deduct one point, would this put xao back on lvl 4?

#freexao
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    elodea wrote: »
    Well shouldn't xao have one less warning point? Because I'm not sure this one should still stand!

" warned Xao for 1 points. Please do not post untrue things. Do your research before you post. "

People post untrue things without research all the time on the forums :p (me included). So, if you deduct one point, would this put xao back on lvl 4?

#freexao

Obraxis warned Xao for 1 points.
    Please do not post untrue things. Do your research before you post.
    June 6 Expired June 13

It's already expired, so... still level 5.
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    this ban system is plenty forgiving, please consider lowering the needed points to be baned.
    you can guess my position on trolls by that.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Honestly, most of his posts contained VERY valid points despite the way he chose to word them.
    He should come back when he can express his valid points like an adult.
  • RoflcopterV22RoflcopterV22 Arizona Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184616Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I've been on too many communities where there is a resident troll, and seen this exact thread with a different name too many times.

In the end after causing much strife and grief, the troll received a perma-ban.

Gonna keep an eye on this xao guy and see if history repeats itself.
    CrazyEddie wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Honestly, most of his posts contained VERY valid points despite the way he chose to word them.
    He should come back when he can express his valid points like an adult.

He's an adult, just a really angry one.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    It interisting btw that ironhorse ban him on June 14th.
    And suddenly some1 join @ June 15th want the ban removed.

Maybe the same guy? hmm
    I don't think so, I know the guy and I don't see him doing it, I also know a player with that name so it's probably them.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    This thread is unnecessary on so many levels.

Mostly because he is not permanently banned ??
    I banned him for two weeks.

After six warnings, this really is his last.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    Xao was going to be banned sooner or later. As much as Xao was a bright beacon of light in these dark forums he was too edgy. It was only a matter of time before he made another daily thread on the hackers that have not been banned since 8 months ago.

Even so #freexao

Edgy?
    He consistently insults, berates, screams at, ridicules, and name calls other members. On top of posting how to find hacks for ns2, and repeatedly opening annoying threads to ask questions to which he's already received answers, (thus I have had to prevent his ability to start posts) and just generally is an inflammatory troll.

I have given him more chances than he probably deserves, but probably because he does offer another view... He just needs to learn how to deliver it in a civil manner.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    If you have a problem with how a member was handled, please contact me via PM. Closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.