Fade & Ancient Fade

AydinAydin Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185927Members
Add a sub-class option to the Fade at 50 res (or more) with all the old Fade movements and tech tree. So the old shadowstep and all the variables. Give it a different skin and call it "Ancient Fade" making it seem all ancient and cool. Reduce the health if needed for balance or whatever but bring back the old mechanics and perhaps an alternative skin?

Imagine marines having to deal with 2 completely different types of Fades. Ontop of this, the alien comm would have to research Blink and Shadowstep to satisfy everyone so the aliens wouldn't be much better off.

I know I'm not alone in missing the old Fade. Don't let it go extinct :'(

Comments

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    It would add an unnecessary level of complexity and confusion, balance problems... and what for? For a feeling of nostalgia that will be gone in a month or two?
  • AydinAydin Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185927Members
    I don't know if it's unfamiliarity with the new Fade but I felt there were a lot more options and tactics to the old one.
  • MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    its an interesting idea like reaching x amount of biomass can unlock ancient fade as a 6th class but with slightly different attacks and abilities and making it a more heavy fade to fit between current fade and onos:

Blink less energy efficient
    Shdaow-step as B249
    increase swipe damage by 5%
    decrease speed by 10%
    Increase health by 10 %
    Model & hitox 15% larger (more muscular)
    cannot use vortex, instead has new attack Rush Stab*
    has no double jump

*Rush Stab: fade shadow-steps forward with blades out to impale the marine like the onos gore attack but does 20% less damage.

I know its lots of work but it could be interesting if the marines could have a gauss rifle or HMG in there too ;)
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    There's a build 249 mod and a couple of servers that run it, try that out.
  • AydinAydin Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185927Members
    tenderloin wrote: »
    There's a build 249 mod and a couple of servers that run it, try that out.

Ye I found that yesterday :)

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there to see what people think!
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I love playing the old fade. But no.
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah, this wouldnt work. instead, the new fade should simply be replaced with the old fade.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Probably not the right place to posit this question, but does anyone know what the reasoning was with changing the mechanics of the fade? Whyyyyyy
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You have b249 servers, go play on them.
  • Insurance SalesmanInsurance Salesman Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152617Members
    As nice a compromise as this would be, it would probably make the game too complicated for little gain game-play wise. Playing the different fades would make for a unique experience, yes, but the marines on the other side probably wouldn't notice anything other than a color swap. And then you would have to balance both types to be equal with one another, and then you'd have people wanting "ancient" variants on every class and weapon...

No, I don't think this would be a good idea.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    put ns1 fade in. solved
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    Kamamura wrote: »
    ...nostalgia that will be gone in a month or two?
    It will never go away.
    RaZDaZ wrote: »
    You have b249 servers, go play on them.
    But... But... But... Besides the fade, b250 is AWESOME!

None the less, this is idea. I wish there was some compromise between the old fade and the new fade that would work.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I would pay 100 for a fade if it was like the 249 fade.