Backwards blinking fades

NthaoNthao Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186278Members
edited July 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Just imagine a fade swiping at you around a corner while the rest of your team is behind you, and then he quickly disappears. Normally he'd have to turn around and turn tail, but instead he quickly re-appears and swipes at you one more time. Does this to you until your dead all in a matter of seconds. There could be all sorts of scenarios in which a fade blinking backwards could really change some aspects of fadeplay don't you guys think?

Comments

• MuzzzyMuzzzy Join Date: 2005-07-20 Member: 56360Members
    Can't he already shadowstep backwards?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    = shadow step + direction
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Usually to avoid getting hit and confuse the enemy Fade will blink up in the air and then blink back to the ground for another swipe.
    But yeh, when shadow step is researched you can do that backwards.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    One can do this with blink and jumps already. I do it all the time, you just need to turn around effectively. It's much harder with shadowstep but very possible and certainly even harder to hit.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Yeah, you can fadehop backwards. Just blink away from you target to gain the initial momentum, then turn around, hold s and jump.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Neoken wrote: »
    Yeah, you can fadehop backwards. Just blink away from you target to gain the initial momentum, then turn around, hold s and jump.

That's not what he meant :/
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Maybe I didn't understand the specific scenario. :D If it's just for blinking in and out to take swipes, that can be done pretty easily already by just turning around.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    So you want to add a new feature to save the fade the trouble of having to turn his view around? Good idea! Maybe they should make it an upgrade that the comm has to research, bind it to shift, and call it shadowstep.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Neoken wrote: »
    Maybe I didn't understand the specific scenario. :D If it's just for blinking in and out to take swipes, that can be done pretty easily already by just turning around.
    Indeed, 180 noscope blinking!
  • NthaoNthao Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186278Members
    I'm glad you guys are giving some feedback. As to clarify things a bit, yes shadowstep can be used to move backwards and forwards, so why not blink? Since the new re-vamp on the whole alien skill order, shadowstep is no longer a tool that fades are given rather they need to be researched. Now while fades are going around and about from 8-12 mins of the game, they would unable to move backwards in case of tricky situations, because they do not yet have shadowstep. Many other skills such as leap or bile bomb/spores would be more beneficial so I'm recommending that fades have their great capability in speed to move in a bi-linear direction rather then a single motion. Then again, the com can always research shadow step ASAP I suppose (Although is is very late in the biomass chain).
    Nthao wrote: »
    I'm glad you guys are giving some feedback. As to clarify things a bit, yes shadowstep can be used to move backwards and forwards, so why not blink? Since the new re-vamp on the whole alien skill order, shadowstep is no longer a tool that fades are given rather they need to be researched. Now while fades are going around and about from 8-12 mins of the game, they would unable to move backwards in case of tricky situations, because they do not yet have shadowstep. Many other skills such as leap or bile bomb/spores would be more beneficial so I'm recommending that fades have their great capability in speed to move in a bi-linear direction rather then a single motion. Then again, the com can always research shadow step ASAP I suppose (Although is is very late in the biomass chain).

So your basically saying you think shadowstep should just come with base fade ? Why not leap come with base skulk, spores come with base lerk, etc.. you see where I'm going with this.. its an upgrade dude, its a handy feature, so it costs money if the players want it.

• NthaoNthao Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186278Members
    joederp wrote: »
    Nthao wrote: »

So your basically saying you think shadowstep should just come with base fade ? Why not leap come with base skulk, spores come with base lerk, etc.. you see where I'm going with this.. its an upgrade dude, its a handy feature, so it costs money if the players want it.

I have a feeling we'll be on opposite sides forever here haha. This was originally a base idea I got when watching some players. I recommend that since fades are stronger when they come out rather then in the endgame, helping them stay above and fighting marines until said endgame with the feature of being able to blink back+forth helps. I'm not saying switch the skills or give them, god no that would be like saying give marines the option to start off with shotguns you see? I'm saying that a bit of variety with what's available would be beneficial. If you still believe that what I'm saying is utter nonsense or if you insist on trying to change my opinion, please exit the thread.
    So if you are not suggesting they get shadowstep to start, what are you suggesting? That blink allows players to move backwards and forwards? If that is the case then why the hell would a comm ever research shadowstep? Also what button would the user press to reverse shadow step? I really just do not think your idea is good because it makes an already iffy upgrade even less useful, and fades are already incredibly deadly from midgame to end, so I have no idea why you think they need a buff.