Server blacklist

AnticoAntico Join Date: 2013-03-12 Member: 183906Members
It'd be nice if NS had a server blacklist option like TF2. I'd like to be able to avoid certain servers, like the pay-for-slot ones. It gets tiresome wasting time connecting to servers that appear open only to get bounced after I load. Very annoying.

Comments

• BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Suggested this before but I don't know if anyone noticed. Agree with the OP if anyone does...
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited July 2013
    +1

Tried to play on King Kahuna Games today. I was alien commander and it saw fit to swap me (without warning) to a different one of their servers. And then immediately to another one. And another. Endlessly.

Words cannot express...
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    bp2008 wrote: »
    +1

Tried to play on King Kahuna Games today. I was alien commander and it saw fit to swap me (without warning) to a different one of their servers. And then immediately to another one. And another. Endlessly.

Words cannot express...

Haven't had that happen to me on KKG, but have had it happen a few times to my comm at pretty hairy moments to have your comm silently get disconnected or randomly ready roomed. Very frustrating server feature.

• MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=157694068&searchtext=

There's a mod now that allows you to see reserved slots so you can avoid the servers that are maxed out. It won't stop you from getting bumped mid game for reserved slots, but it'll help with making up your mind while you choose your server.