Camo acting strange now?

2»

Comments

• Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Why do you think UWE merged cloaking with silence, there’s no reason to get an ability that doesn’t work. If you do get it and slowly walk towards a marine and if the marine has half a brain “oh snap there’s a predator there and it’s moving really slowly, I’m going to shoot it.”

Except for like 2 patches camouflage has always sucked, why because UWE tries to make it look cool when marines shouldn’t be able to “look” at it at all.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    It also matters if you're in light or not.
    If theres light pointing directly at you, you're most likely to be shimmering, if you're in a dark spot, you're good as 100% Invis.
    Flashlight ftw.

Not really - I have hidden in dark corners with cloaking many times and been spotted INSTANTLY by some players. No I wasn't moving or even looking around, I was staying totally still and to some players, it seems like I had a big target symbol painted around me.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    joederp wrote: »
    If theres light pointing directly at you, you're most likely to be shimmering, if you're in a dark spot, you're good as 100% Invis.
    Flashlight ftw.

Not really - I have hidden in dark corners with cloaking many times and been spotted INSTANTLY by some players. No I wasn't moving or even looking around, I was staying totally still and to some players, it seems like I had a big target symbol painted around me.

There aren't really any dark corners if you have shadows disabled.
  • Visor1Visor1 Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140300Members
    joederp wrote: »
    Flashlight ftw.

The flash light will show the shimmering of the alien cloak even when they're not moving. It's very easy to find bad players with it when they're making a lot of noise (only one veil) then stop close by or they attack you then hide around the next corner. If you don't know they are in the area it's almost impossible to spot one unless they're close by and you have you're flash light on.
  • AWhiteAWhite Join Date: 2007-07-26 Member: 61685Members
    I'm pretty sure the skulk's idle animation is not perfectly still. It still breathes or whatever so that can cause enough distortion to see a pixel twitch and get the stationary skulk shot.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    I also heard moving your mouse causes shimmer
  • AWhiteAWhite Join Date: 2007-07-26 Member: 61685Members
    I also heard moving your mouse causes shimmer

The skulk's head moves and the body rotates as you change facing, so definitely this will cause shimmer.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Camo just looks cool now and that defeats the purpose of camo.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    camo still works. set up somewhere dark, and they have a tough time finding you. and it slows down marine movement. which is enough. one veil is much better than one spur it one crag.
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    You guys .... type short like me :))

Camo >> Build 251 is Phantom require Aliens commander build 3 Veil to get maximum 100% Cloak ( like Spy TF2)

One Veil >>> I can see a dog :D

Two Veil >>> Turn on flashlight and ..... Woala >> A cat

Three Veil >>> Only if Marines commander scan ....... Welli cant see shit whel Aliens stand still in 3 seconds to 100% fully invisible