Good job - I love b253

pagulhanpagulhan Join Date: 2013-08-03 Member: 186529Members
First of all, somewhere out there there's my thread about performance issue that occured after one of the patches. Now it's gone. I don't know how did you make it but game stopped losing fps.

I like the changes you made for alien and marine team. Marines keep pushing from the start and it's hard to prevent them from destroying everything they can see but I blame b251. Aliens stopped working on the victory on b251, now they have to show some skill to win. The lifeform-connected upgrade system is nice too. More players playing gorges? Sorry, fadeball. No shadowstep for you. At least not so fast.

I'm sure players gather more res per second now and that's great. I always wanted to see NS2 that way. You don't need to spare your res for 20 minutes to buy shotgun and jet and another 20 minutes because you just died to random onos in a narrow corridor. When you die, you wait just a few and here you are! Res up and ready to buy your very own shotgun again.

btw AV hurts. Someone wrote it does because devs don't want people to use it. Do I have to say that's horribly stupid explanation? I guess I have to. So I do.

btw2. Have you ever tried Tremulous? I'd love to see you can buy new weapons and new lifeforms as easy as in that game.

Comments

• delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    AV is changed to NIGHT Vision. You should use it only when it's really dark, like when the power is out or in a vent without lights. The normal vision is what you should always use.

And yeah, I'm very happy with the changes and the introductions.
  • pagulhanpagulhan Join Date: 2013-08-03 Member: 186529Members
    AV is changed to NIGHT Vision.
    I never used it in any other way. The previous one was comfortable for eyes. The current one is not. They should make it less bright I believe.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    eh? old alien vision was pure crap... it looked like you were playing a game of tron and i hated playing as alien because of it.

new REGULAR alien vision (highlighted marines etc) is amazing, the new night vision is equally good.
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I only use NIGHT vision when the room turns black or are red (always had trouble seeing in them red rooms), so I am running around looking at the game the "normal way", and everything suddenly look so cartoonish. Nice to have an outline on your enemy marine to be able to see them easier, but it looks like I am running around in a cartoon xD
    And when you bite and kill the marine, it feels "soft". Not like you actually killed a person. Hard to explain.
    Are not even going to go in to the whole, marines are now elite jumpers.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Kattcattis wrote: »
    I only use NIGHT vision when the room turns black or are red (always had trouble seeing in them red rooms), so I am running around looking at the game the "normal way", and everything suddenly look so cartoonish. Nice to have an outline on your enemy marine to be able to see them easier, but it looks like I am running around in a cartoon xD
    And when you bite and kill the marine, it feels "soft". Not like you actually killed a person. Hard to explain.
    Are not even going to go in to the whole, marines are now elite jumpers.

It's the pogostick upgrade for their boots...
  • GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Because of this update. I'm playing NS2 all day now. Performance is great, balance seems to be in order.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Glasses wrote: »
    Because of this update. I'm playing NS2 all day now. Performance is great, balance seems to be in order.

that would be because they folded it into a newbie weekend. which means all games will end in coinflips.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    server tick rates are terrible, alien movement feels awful, the fade nerf might have been to much, performance is far worse now, before i had it on medium textures now i have to play on low.
  • NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Glasses wrote: »

Good for you, I can't even play due to performance loss.

Have fun!
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Performance is horrible again and constant game crashes prevent me from having fun. Well done. But even with a running game, I wouldn't play the game because of the free weekend. At least, the new players will get a tutorial and we might see ns2 again in the steam stats.
  • BluePhishBluePhish Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24364Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    No Problems here, new Update is a blast! keep up the great work, take my $$$ again for shadow ;D

Where is my Const badge ;/
  • ZeroouuhZeroouuh Join Date: 2013-07-26 Member: 186409Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    Performance loss, pfffff, I play with everything on max, exept V-sync and I've got a way better experince, my GPU is working much better.

That comment was not the perfect way of expressing how you feel in-game, but UWE did NOT make the performance worse, they made it better. plus NS2 is quite heavy in general :)
  • ChikunChikun Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178729Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well considering I have to play on an older video card since my normal one blew up I can't justifiably complain about performance.

My biggest complaint is that whips are pretty much irrelevent as a structure. They only have the purpose of providing the skulk research and to echo bombard whips into a turtling marine base at 3 hives. Their use as a defensive structure is nothing short as a waste of res. Make whips able to slap grenades back to the sender a researchable upgrade (with a possible cooldown?). Set it so that if I build a whip I can choose to upgrade it further to be able to bombard or slap grenades. As it stands I see no point in building more than one whip until the marines are trapped in their base.
  • NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zeroouuh wrote: »
    Performance loss, pfffff, I play with everything on max, exept V-sync and I've got a way better experince, my GPU is working much better.

That comment was not the perfect way of expressing how you feel in-game, but UWE did NOT make the performance worse, they made it better. plus NS2 is quite heavy in general :)

Yes, they made it worse. This patch was quite heavy so there's bound to be trouble and due to their small pool of testers having this released to the public. Crossfire is also disabled in B252,253 and 254, now it's working for some and not for others but that's due to their hardware composition.

I ran this game blazingly smooth with crossfire with vsync off at 160FPS in heavy combat, you know what I get after this patch? I get heavy performance loss to about 35 with 6 people and it decreases in combat, not to mention mouse input lag so even at 60FPS it feels like 30FPS with a touch of 20% Slow-Mo. Menus are also very sluggish, sometime they freeze for several seconds upon clicking.

They made it better for some and worse for others but at the extent those who got affected in the negative part have a hard time playing at all, there's no incentive. And for the record, I also played everything on max.

I will just wait for them to release another build that hopefully will adress theese issues in the following weeks, and untill then I don't really have any incentive to play NS2 due to it's horrible performance.. it's the worst performance hit I've ever experienced.