Crash since 253+254 with log

BattlepigBattlepig Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187477Members
I may not have the best rig in the world (and actually, I'm pretty sure that most people on these forums including myself would agree that it is awful indeed), but I'm a few hundred gameplay hours into NS2 and have been here for a fair bit of time through major updates.

Since prep patch 253 and Reinforced 254, the game crashes after a random amount of time, generally less than 5 minutes, with seemingly no indication as to why it is doing so.

I've tried general fixes like a complete reinstall, wiping %appdata% for Natural Selection 2, you name it, nothing works.

I've allowed the game to generate a log during a tutorial map which is hopefully of some use to somebody out there, probably not,

Log: http://pastebin.com/868i5w1C

Maybe I'm just being a complainer here, but I've had no issues prior to this, and I'm entirely clueless as to how to fix this. The best thing for me to do is wait for the next patch, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to try, right?

Comments

• AscheAsche Join Date: 2013-03-19 Member: 184077Members
    Same trouble here, since 253-254 i just can't play more than 1 minutes.
    I'm so pissed off because i can't see what the upgrade of Reinforced add to the gameplay. Even play against bot go to crash.

I've try with OpenGL : Crash during the Precaching (always at 67% if i remember)
    DX11 : After Precaching i see a black screen with just the sprit "Alien" "Marines" and the number of players, can't move, game freezed and crash after 5 sec
    DX9 : Sometime i can play during 1 minutes, after its a crash, and sometime i just see a big green checkerboard and it crash.

I hope build 255 will correct that.
  • AscheAsche Join Date: 2013-03-19 Member: 184077Members
    I've a different log than Battlepig, got a lot of "Error: Couldn't load 'materials/skybox/sky_descentbk.dds'" ?
    log.txt 78.2K
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Ok guys, there are some pointers that seem to show you have some kind of NS2 corruption issue, possibly from Steam, possibly from Mods.

You will need to follow my guide here and see if that fixes it for you:

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131428/obby-s-full-nuke-ns2-guide-only-way-to-be-sure

If not, run techsupport.exe in your NS2 folder and follow it's instructions. Thanks!
  • BattlepigBattlepig Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187477Members
    I've done everything but unsubscribe from all my mods, which I've done just now. I'll post after I see how that plus following all the steps on your guide goes.
  • BattlepigBattlepig Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187477Members
    Well, it seems like I can play longer now, however, it still doesn't work correctly. After a random amount of time on a 100% clean, no mod install, it still shuts down.

Not sure what the real problem is here. There is no fps loss, there are no subscribed or active mods possibly conflicting with the client, the problem occurs regardless of how the game is initiated.