Why is everyone so upset?

12346»

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2013
    CrushaK wrote: »
    Yeah, forums of F2P games are especially bad. Even more so when the game has a strong competitive component where the failure of your team mates has also a strong negative influence on your own performance. (In other words: MOBAs)
    Those forums can just be described as "toxic". I've been through that myself and it's scary how quickly you start to get into raging about things there yourself, despite being usually a calm person. And when the developers start to stay away from the forums because of the constant negative attitude, you know something's going extremely wrong.

So as long as we see a yellow post at least once a week, we are pretty fine here I guess. :)

moba games are terrible unless you're playing with a group of 5 in voIP, 1/50 games may be enjoyable with random people and that's a very bad number

the game isn't about individual skill, just controlling the map/engagements/counter-picks and all that crap, personally I prefer games more about individual skill.. and it's funny to say that I'm better in a game like quake than I am in a game like counter-strike, because counter-strike is much easier for the individual, has a lot of luck involved, sure the whole game is literally about strats/opening pick/positioning but other than that everything is pretty random been playing cs for almost 10 years and I still cannot consistently swap from person to person landing headshots without relying on luck, same applies to people who play that game professionally; or when you see several 'awesome' noscopes, all luck especially in the latest version where a noscope is literally based on luck factor

anyway super off topic
  • Sinistral_on_SteamSinistral_on_Steam MA, USA Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    SteveRock acknowledged the poor performance and said it was being worked on - that's the kind of stuff the community wants to hear.
    Good point.
    So now that the devs have answered and the OP's question has been answered by those who volunteered their opinions, what purpose is this thread serving now, other than being a soap box for raging?
    Nothing but ranting I suppose... Immediately after reading Hugh's post I thought about that phrase, "If you don't have anything (nice) to say..." Your link to the Taming the Forum Tiger article mentioned, "If you have nothing insightful to say, don’t post at all — it’s better to be silent. (The only person who should post just to calm things down is the forum mod… not the developers directly.) I'm not exactly sure what Hugh's position in UWE is since he doesn't have the Developer tag but he appears to be much more than a moderator on the forum... Even the front page to the Community section says, "That’s it. If you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all!" In that context maybe you can see why I thought Hugh's post was a bit arrogant.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    OwNzOr1990 wrote: »
    hmmm.... Hugh has the onos badge? I thought this whole reinforcement program was to help youguys out? ^^ Guess you wanted to help yourself :p

Hugh has admitted to being a fan boy, so he probably have put his money (salary) in buying an Onos Badge.

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    SteveRock acknowledged the poor performance and said it was being worked on - that's the kind of stuff the community wants to hear.
    Good point.
    So now that the devs have answered and the OP's question has been answered miby those who volunteered their opinions, what purpose is this thread serving now, other than being a soap box for raging?

criticism is healthy

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Hugh has admitted to being a fan boy, so he probably have put his money (salary) in buying an Onos Badge.

Yup I paid the full $333 fair and square out of my own pocket.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Hugh why even bother posting about how chill the forums are? You came into a rage thread and say that...

1) This is by no means a rage thread. It's to find any reasons - beyond performance - which upset the community.

2) Basically, Hugh just confirmed what we stated above. I don't see what you think is arrogant there.
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Hugh wrote: »

Yup I paid the full $333 fair and square out of my own pocket.

Obviously they are paying you too much if you can afford such luxuries. I suggest enforced company onos badge donations and a pay cut to half of minimum wage.

edit: or they could just pay you with coffee and pizza, right?