How to actually contact UWE? Donated to "Reinforced", no information or activation keys received.

Vulcan78Vulcan78 Join Date: 2012-12-09 Member: 174603Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Not in the greatest of moods so I am not typing this again, my post can be found about halfway down this page and the follow-up on the following page here:

Fix your PR system UWE.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132039/where-are-the-reinforcement-program-rewards-natural-selection-2/p3

Comments

• Vulcan78Vulcan78 Join Date: 2012-12-09 Member: 174603Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I donated $75 for the Shadow Content but have yet to receive any form of confirmation email from UWE, only one from Humble Bundle. Does my donation register? What happens next? Am I alone?

"nope, you don't get a email from UWE. I only did get one from HumbleBundle, too. But the counter on the reinforcement page did increment by one the second I purchased. So I'm pretty sure you only get the HB email with the link to the Steam Keys. (btw. is it normal that you don't see anything in steam, after entering the keys? I see only the deluxe DLC nothing more)"

"@Vulcan78, if you follow the link from Humble bundle there are instructions for getting the rewards. I put my steam key in and the rewards have been activated (or accepted), but the contents isn't in the game yet (so you will have to wait). But you can get the shadow babbler icon for the forum now."

@CannonFodder, clicking on the link from Humble Bundle send me to a Google Wallet receipt page and nothing else. There are no other links to open. Copying and pasting the following code into Steam results in "invalid product code". There are no other emails. I am actually kinda pissed about this as out of the graciousness of my heart I gave to UWE and am now left in the dark as to how to access the cool content and there seems to be no-way, short of writing this here, of contacting UWE. For $550,000 they better have a better PR system than this.

Here is the email/receipt that I received from Humble Bundle.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for buying from Humble Bundle, Inc. using Google Wallet! Humble Bundle, Inc. will charge your order soon.

How do I check on this order?
    Get up-to-date information about order #750763150xxxxxx

Problems with this order?
    Contact Humble Bundle, Inc.

Order date: Sep 4, 2013 1:16 AM PDT
    Google order number: 7507631505xxxxxxx
    Shipping Status Qty Item Price
    Digital delivery 1 Purchase NS2 Reinforced - Shadow (transaction id: XD8D08xxxxxx) - Purchase NS2 Reinforced - Shadow (transaction id: XD8D08xxxxxx) $75.00
    Tax (NV) : $0.00
    Total: $75.00

Paid with: Visa-3071
  • Vulcan78Vulcan78 Join Date: 2012-12-09 Member: 174603Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    If anyone at UWE actually reads this and wants to help please PM me.

Fix your PR system. (If saying it twice isn't enough)
  • MorshuMorshu Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155539Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Now let me tell you how things went down in my case:

I paid the 75 bucks for my shadow badge and in return I recieved 2 emails from humble bundle one email which contains the keys and one that gives me the URL to send to a friend as a gift. (which I did later on so 150 bucks in total for my favorite dev team)

Now you should grab the email which displays that one key that don't work (don't know if this is intended/a typo/other? but there should be 4 steam icons on the left side of the email itself which you click on revealing the key(s) for your stuff.

Afterwards you go to steam, activate product with key and type the keys in and they should work just like that (did for me anyway) and no they won't be displayed on the DLC tab for NS2 but you will see them on your list of purchases/retail registered products and all that jazz.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: As of the key displayed at the bottom of the email with the STEAM keys I don't know what that's for but I did get all my stuff so I wouldn't worry about it really. :P
    Morshu, thanks for the reply, unfortunately I didn't receive the second email you describe with the steam activation links. I thoroughly checked my junk-mail/spam folder in gmail beginning with the day that I made the donation until now, no second email.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Vulcan78 wrote: »
    Problems with this order?
    Contact Humble Bundle, Inc.
    ;) If you get anymore stuck though with them, contact @acedude
  • FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2013
    Not sure what you mean by "PR system" but if you mean the ability to contact UWE, everyone is very active in these forums as well as pretty responsive to emails during business hours.

If you wish to contact someone directly you can always send an email to hugh@unknownworlds.com however we have passed on your message to devs already. =]
    Thanks Ironhorse, will be contacting acedude. Yeah I meant an actual customer service email address when I said PR (public relations).
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    you probably want to remove your personal information from a public forum
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    ezekel wrote: »
    you probably want to remove your personal information from a public forum
    Too late, I've already made plans to surprise sex him and his credit card.
    mmm tasty.

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2013
    Other than Hugh UWE doesn't have a professional customer service department or public relations team. Much of that weight is carried by the community and volunteer map testing and playtesting teams. So, basically what FLuX and FerrousPony said. Contacting Humble Bundle seems to be your best avenue as they handle the transaction.

Reading the email:
    Thanks for buying from Humble Bundle, Inc. using Google Wallet! Humble Bundle, Inc. will charge your order soon.

Can you verify that you were in fact charged? It's possible that the transaction did not occur.
    Yes I was indeed charged, this is from my account activity. I can furnish the original receipt from Humble Bundle as well, if youre an administrator.

9/4/2013 DEBIT PURCHASE
    (GOOGLE *Humble Bundle GOOGLE.COM/CH 324724000158 INP700 Sep 4 @ 1:58pm)
    ($75.00)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    I don't work for UWE or Humble Bundle, and you should really do that via e-mail or private message for your own security.
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the concern, the numbers included in the above are the transaction ID and are basically inert data. You really can't do anything without an account and routing number and even then it is easy to refute illegitimate account activity.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Have you continued to attempt to harass them?
    And if so have you tried PMing acedude?
    So far I sent an email to Humble Bundle (weekend, don't expect a response until next week) and PM'd Acedude and another moderator on here but haven't heard back from either of them. Again, there is no UWE customer service to speak of, this isn't the first time I am posting about this, I posted about it the day I donated (the 4th of August). I think its reasonable to get help within a day or two, we're going on a week now.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    the 4th of August
    wow, you really got in early!
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I have been playing NS2 since October- November 2011. Ever since I first watched the official trailer I knew this was going to be a special game. And it was, so much so that I picked up Starcraft 2 after commanding a few times, so I can thank NS2 for introducing me to that as well. I think NS2 brought in a lot of FPS people and got them interested in RTS. I love how NS2 effectively hybridized an FPS with RTS. I have only played one other really fun, successful hybrid and that would be Planetside 2, which I still play about equally as much as NS2. I saw first hand all of the improvements made to NS2, including the Gorgeous update and its true that much of this could be considered DLC. People don't work for free, UWE kinda reached out and asked the community for help and I think they deserve it so I donated $75.

$75. is a bit of money, but there are more $65 games that I've purchased and beaten within a month or so and never played again than I can remember. Purchasing a game for $35 (the Deluxe version) and getting nearly two years out of it speaks of the quality of the experience, which is constantly evolving, and that evolution requires talented, passionate and committed mind-power driving it.

I still have fun playing this game, whether as a Marine, a Gorge, a Skulk, an Onos, an Exo or a commander, and I'm talking high quality fun.

What would I like to see? A few more high quality maps, maybe even an external environment that links two of them, say Mineshaft and Skylights for example, with entry and exit portals and strategic locations in between (RT locations for example). So you could have epic battles where losing one map isn't necessarily the end of the game and the external gameplay is more reminiscent of Starcraft 2 in its expansiveness yet still a solid FPS experience for those on the ground.

Another thing that would be neat to add is a ranking system, with some servers restricting access to those of too high or too low of a rank, (I've played one too many games where the balance is determined by only a few really skillful players, usually on one side) and possibly the introduction of an XP system, kinda like in PS2, with some kind of reward offered, mostly aesthetic, possibly performance related. But I am sure UWE considered and decided against any performance reward as it would immensely disrupt the balance of the game.

Crysis 3 multi-player suffers horribly from this; as a new player you don't have access to the majority of weapons and abilities, while those who have already honed their skill-set literally rape you left and right. It is fun to unlock new weapons and abilities, but to suffer through the "initiation" is really quite brutal. And in the end Crysis 3 multi-player is ridiculously unbalanced, you will always see only a few players on each team with insanely high KDR, like 30/5 etc., and they are all maxed out at level 50, undoubtedly with maxed abilities as well. Its just not fun to play, unless you have a fetish for punishment.

Just some ideas, I'm sure there are many better ones.

Well I hope my issue is addressed by someone affiliated with UWE soon so I can check out the cool new content. Has anyone actually seen any of it yet? I haven't.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    @Vulcan78 Sorry for the late reply, but i was at batchelor party succeded by a wedding for the past 2 days. And is totaly burned out.... Anyways.
    You should have recieved 2 emails.
    1. The confermation of payment/ receipt (the one you have copy pasted)
    2. An email from contact@humblebundle.com titled "Your NS2 Reinforced - Shadow order is ready".
    Its 2 differnt senders, so it might have been cought in your spam filter. - If you cant find it, try the automated key resender at http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/243191-humble-bundle-key-resender
    Or contact humble bundle using this email: contact@humblebundle.com and show em the receipt, and they can forward you to your "claim page".
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    @Vulcan78 - GISP's instructions are correct (thanks mate!), try following them.
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Slightly related: if you've bought other things via the Humble store, you can create an account with them and 'claim' all the stuff you've bought with the same e-mail address. So in the future you can always access all of your content from the Humble account page.

The NS2/Overgrowth bundle was the first thing I bought from them. Now I have all the NS2 stuff and 17 different bundles in there. D:
    Gisp, that reactivation link worked, thanks for the help! And a correction, I have been playing since Nov 2012, not 2011.

Snaga, I haven't even heard of the overgrowth bundle, what it? I might create an account, but I am not sure that I will donate again in the immediate future.
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    They did a NS2/Overgrowth pre-order bundle in, uh, 2010 I guess, where you got both games for the price of one. That was actually (I think) the first bundle Wolfire Games organized and then a few months later they did the first Humble Indie Bundle and later founded Humble Bundle Inc. Overgrowth is still in alpha. :) I guess their priorities changed a bit...