Today (9/29)! Quaxy v. Titus @ 9:30amPDT/6:30pmCEST! (double header; premier division!)

RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
Hey folks!

Thought I would get this out a tad early but this will be the first match of the double header we got coming at you on . The match after this one is Team X vs. Titus. See you all there about 12.5 hours from this post time.

Comments

• MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Awesome.

Looking forward to play against Team X, probably next week.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Great cast today, thanks to all that came out! Here are the stats from the cast:

RNnIZdD.png

Will post the VODs tomorrow!
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    is this the first time the Curse Of The Front Page hasn't struck? Nice job!
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    rantology wrote: »
    is this the first time the Curse Of The Front Page hasn't struck? Nice job!

Wasabi and I brought that up after we went offline! This was the first time NOTHING went wrong. Yay! :)
  • BellicoseBellicose Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184748Members
    These were GREAT matches to watch! Love watching the top guys slug it out!

I was reading in the chat - there were a lot of people saying they were buying ns2 cause it 'looked so cool' - kudos uwe!
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    awesome job reddog (and wasabi).

the game is looking so nice now, even on lower graphics settings, with the lovely particle effects of spores, umbra, railgun gibbing and hive exploding etc.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Pretty sweet games. And 123K unique viewers... :-O
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    gj reddog. This numbers are just awesome!

But please, you shouldnt both (you and wasabi) cheer so extrem for the same team.
    Using break videos are awesome, you should use the NSL Nationscup video for longer breaks. Like when kaes had to reboot (round 4) vs titus.
    People seeing this video for the first time rly get excited about the game. (this video is just to good, need more of them @b1.se )
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Great matches and great cast. Just two suggestion:

As we normally have arround 150 viewers, this time on twitch front page up to 5000, you can guess that 4850 viewers don't know the game.

Conclusion: You guys have to reduce in-depth tech-talk at those front-page shows. Always show map locations on the map when you talk about them (you did this sometimes), even many NS2 players don't know all map locations by heart. Use the opportunity to show off some game mechanic fundamentals to the many viewers that don't have a clue whats going on. You did this sometimes, but kept falling back to in-depth tech-talk.

Also, try to show more 1st person views. The overview is good for people that know the game, because they can see more of the whole picture thats going on. But only from 1st person the rest of the viewers can see the individual skill of the players that needs to be performed and get a feeling what it's like to be on the field and in the action. People asked for more 1st person very often in the chat. You also showed some GREAT 1st person kills, but it was way too few.

I know it must be hard to cast for so many people, and you did a really good job, especially - as always - with bringing in excitement. Congratulation from me too for so many viewers and well deserved attention for this great game.
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aioros wrote: »
    gj reddog. This numbers are just awesome!

But please, you shouldnt both (you and wasabi) cheer so extrem for the same team.
    Using break videos are awesome, you should use the NSL Nationscup video for longer breaks. Like when kaes had to reboot (round 4) vs titus.
    People seeing this video for the first time rly get excited about the game. (this video is just to good, need more of them @b1.se )

In the same vein here: A lot of people were asking for more 1st person view of games and wanting explanation on how the game works. How about using the breaks to showcase some good pre-recorded and carefully selected first person play? Preferably a frag video about the teams playing, but any 1st person view video would do very well. That'd give the 1st person view hungry watchers something and would show random watchers what the game is like for most of the players.
    Thanks for the feedback all. Always appreciate it!

To address the 'explaining to new people whats going on' thought; we were doing our best between rounds to give a brief overview of the basic mechanics of the game plus a map overview. Two weeks ago, I contacted Kevin (ItsSuperEffective) and asked him if he could make a 60 second video explaining the basics of NS2 so that the layman could watch and at least know what's going on (thanks, man!). This was to be played between rounds to get everyone up to speed. Unfortunately, due to another project he was working on for someone else, this video wasn't ready in time for this front page slot. In his defense I never gave him a deadline and told him he could have it ready at his leisure because I didn't know I was going to get front page for these matches at the time.

The percentage of freecam and FPV in this cast was way higher than all my other casts; contrary to opinions. I was aware new people were watching and they generally like watching in FPV to 'get in the action'. I will try to bump it up a bit more next time. However, I missed a lot of calls and actions already during this cast with the amount I was doing it (some of you noticed that). So it's definitely a balance that needs to be fine-tuned. At the end of the day, this isn't Counterstrike - there's a lot more going on other than headshots and bombs being planted. ;)

As far as filler videos - props to Hugh for sending me the media kit on Friday. For me to play videos, I need the actual file. So when people were telling me during the cast "Play this video, play that video" - from what? YouTube and a screen region? lol that's way too low quality. I'll gladly play filler videos, just send me the Dropbox link so I can download it before hand and set it up on the scene.

Thanks again for supporting guys - love the feedback. I do believe it's possible make this game more popular for the general public; especially with this community behind it!

Cheers! :D
    Were you using that 'blackboard' thing to draw on the map? I cant remember, but im sure I've seen that before and not just making it up...

I wonder if that could be added to top-down view. You could use it to draw attention to something etc when giving analysis - e.g. "the RT" and draw a quick circle around it
    tarquinbb wrote: »
    Were you using that 'blackboard' thing to draw on the map? I cant remember, but im sure I've seen that before and not just making it up...

I wonder if that could be added to top-down view. You could use it to draw attention to something etc when giving analysis - e.g. "the RT" and draw a quick circle around it

Hmm, I was drawing like crazy during the matches - I have to see if that was not showing up.

RedDog wrote: »
    tarquinbb wrote: »

Hmm, I was drawing like crazy during the matches - I have to see if that was not showing up.

ah yeah, you were actually - i don't know what more you can do :)

it's not like dota/lol is easy to follow - i have literally no clue what those guys are talking about "AWWW SS ALMOST HAS HIS BKB! AND ROSH IS UP FOR HIS AEGIS!" etc... anyone who isn't familiar is like WTF?!
    haha np - since the last Xsplit update, my in game mouse cursor disappeared on streams. I currently have an open ticket with them about it now. So I thought it affected the drawing tool, too! :)
    Here is Quaxy vs. Titus.

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

FULL SHOW Part 1:

FULL SHOW Part 2:

• SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    Thanks Reddog- watched them today :D. Always enjoy your casts