Unofficial NS2 Player Survey

13»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    ...starts new pole analyzing every aspect of Summit, while wording questions in a way critical of Summit.

EDIT: Woah there. Was not serious. Surprised I actually got two flags already. You guys were not kidding about the heresy. Please forgive my insolence. I am not the heretic you seek, but merely a cynical comedian. I gave summit a 4/5 out of the options given. Besides shrike I wish I could see who else flagged me.
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    edited October 2013
    james888 wrote: »
    ...starts new pole analyzing every aspect of Summit, while wording questions in a way critical of Summit.
    flagged
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    CrushaK wrote: »
    217 responses thus far - not a single Asian player, though.

Incorrect.

Unless you mean a player from Asia.
    That's probably what @CrushaK meant...
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Bump, merely for the fact that I believe more people should know about it.

By the way, was this in fact tweeted, @Hugh?
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    With the current AV, I'd rather not have pitch black rooms everywhere though. ^^
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    james888 wrote: »
    I

EDIT: Woah there. Was not serious. Surprised I actually got two flags already. You guys were not kidding about the heresy. Please forgive my insolence. I am not the heretic you seek, but merely a cynical comedian. I gave summit a 4/5 out of the options given. Besides shrike I wish I could see who else flagged me.
    It was a joke, i don't want you getting banned. Maybe I should of just pretended to flag. >.>
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Neoken wrote: »
    With the current AV, I'd rather not have pitch black rooms everywhere though. ^^

Because the alien vision would be too good or too bad? Because it's bad in lit rooms, yes. But I found it to be quite usable in dark rooms.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    CrushaK wrote: »
    Neoken wrote: »

Because the alien vision would be too good or too bad? Because it's bad in lit rooms, yes. But I found it to be quite usable in dark rooms.

I think it's not as good as the old AV used to be, but the prospect of being forced to use the new AV more often does not appeal to me mainly because I find it too unpleasant to look at, even in dark rooms. :)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    There is a small Japanese NS2 subcommunity out there on Twitter. It's pretty rad. I didn't even think PC gaming was much of a thing in Japan, either. Obviously this survey isn't likely to reach them, but I'd noticed the tweets searching for various hashtags on twitter so I thought I'd throw it out there.
  • PseudoKnightPseudoKnight Join Date: 2002-06-18 Member: 791Members
    This is useful, but it's important not to take things out of context. For example, much of the questions about yourself can be used to identity the type of people answering, not the ratios of all NS2 players. Also, a few people have focused on the "Future" question, but you have to keep in mind that most of those answers are not comparable and naturally weighted differently. This is why "balance" and "performance" are arguably poor options, because naturally everyone wants those the most but are already being worked on. And for example, an organized play system cannot be easily compared to a new map. That question would be more useful had it had checkboxes instead of radio options.

Statistics are useful, but only when you read them correctly.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    i think pitch black rooms with 0% built (aka 100% destroyed nodes). if a marine starts building/fixing emer lighting comes on.