Wild Mass Guessing Thread

2»

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited November 2013
    Uploading picture...

edit: Check the main post!
    SN2.png 372.3K
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    We have to explore to the bottom of the ocean, but how do we get there? Is there a bottom to the ocean? We must craft multiple tools to explore this waterworld! The inside of the submarine is the home base that that will require upgrades to get to the depths of the ocean. There will be many new random lifeforms on the way to the bottom based on the generation of each world due to climate and terrain generation/depth Different climate will choose what type of creatures spawn, and how they interact with its environment, every organism is a living entity! Plants will vary in texture, color, and size in its environment as well! Each world will be totally different and of infinite epic proportion.

Yea, well that's some selfhype for me.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Guys guys I know exactly what this game will be. It will be like underwater kerbal space program with similar mechanics to minecraft with Cory's beautiful art style. One way it will be similar to minecraft is instead of a giant black dragon optional end boss, there will be the Leviathan which you must fight in combat.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    james888 wrote: »
    Guys guys I know exactly what this game will be. It will be like underwater kerbal space program with similar mechanics to minecraft with Cory's beautiful art style. One way it will be similar to minecraft is instead of a giant black dragon optional end boss, there will be the Leviathan which you must fight in combat.

Im hoping the game ends up more along the lines of StarForge with planned gameplay mechanics and such

(Though instead of exploring land/space (possibly)/planets, we explore the deep depths of the ocean)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nazo wrote: »
    james888 wrote: »

Im hoping the game ends up more along the lines of StarForge with planned gameplay mechanics and such

(Though instead of exploring land/space (possibly)/planets, we explore the deep depths of the ocean)
    That looks pretty epic to be honest... umm. Hmm. Cough.

• ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Would be cool if this was linked into the NS2 universe where this takes place on a beautiful ocean planet, with researchers and tourists that have begun living and building on the little land of the planet.
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Walsa wrote: »
    What I want to know if is it will it be oriented to casual players or if it will have story/depth/chalenges/discoveries etc etc etc ?

The "facebook integration" and "sent to instagram" is like.... I don´t know, worrying.

https://twitter.com/Subnautica/status/401064344521146368/photo/1/large

PD: I know they are ideas throwed to the board, but the where though at the primary stage of the develoment....

So I guess it's not physically possible to make a joke on the Internet that's obvious enough for everyone.
  • DogbiteDogbite Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27329Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The inside of the submarine in the picture reminds me of a ready room, I wonder if it works like that?
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Open world underwater exploration game

Hmm,
    ~ Kerbal space program meets minecraft underwater maybe?

A random generated (underwater) world, each seed will be unlike the other, different biomes etc.
    Its not going to be blocks, but voxel... so i guess you could be able to terraform / mining and placing "blocks" to some extend.

Why explore?
    Gathering resources so you can build underwater bases, submarines etc?

I wonder in which direction the game will go... (pure exploration or also adventure/survival stuff?)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    When did everyone get to know KSP? Back in the days of 0.17, I was pretty much the only one I knew who knew about it^^
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    When did everyone get to know KSP? Back in the days of 0.17, I was pretty much the only one I knew who knew about it^^

Streamers & Youtubers..
    GISP wrote: »

Streamers & Youtubers..

Meh.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsPopularNowItSucks :D
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Would be cool if this was linked into the NS2 universe where this takes place on a beautiful ocean planet, with researchers and tourists that have begun living and building on the little land of the planet.

I thought of that before (before this project).
    Like instead of xy movement more focus for going deeper underwater.
    The commander will have a side view instead of a top view. The deeper the more alien territoria and the higher the more marines.

But i'm pretty sure this game will nothing be like that :)

offtopic:
    I also would like a scaled ns2, where you fight in small parts of a citys. Skulks have leap by default and marines have jetpacks by default. Gorges can be picked up by a lerk.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Space Engineers:

Replace space with underwater, astronauts with diver, and starships with submarines. Is that what it is going to be?
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Koruyo wrote: »
    Replace space with underwater, astronauts with diver, and starships with submarines. Is that what it is going to be?
    Nope.
    edited December 2013
    Great!

edit:
    kinda regret writing my last post like that - not that such a game would have been bad, i was just hoping for something fresh (dont have a better word, you get what i mean) which i guess you guys are planning to deliver - i'm excited!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Kharaa Deep Sea Program.
    Will we see underwater kerbals?... I meen Kharaa :D
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    There's no doubt there's gonna be a ton of sandbox building exploring surviving crafting games coming out in the near future, thanks to the successes of Minecraft, DayZ, KSP, Garry' Mod, etc. etc. etc. And no doubt, we've been influenced by that. At the same time though, we're being careful not to include features JUST because those successful games have it. We will borrow the elements that make sense to us, pass on others, and hopefully end up with something rather unique.
  • Fluid CoreFluid Core Join Date: 2007-12-26 Member: 63260Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    You did great with NS. I've had so much fun in there. I think you will create a very unique and awsome experience this time around.

Did I mention Co-Op? I would love if you could play with a bunch for friends, not specifically against something, but together, to make it more social.

Edit: Uhm... Not the thread I thought I was in but... Yea, it'll stay here!
    Skyrim kerbal space program underwater?111?
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Has the OP stopped updating or has the twitterstream just ran dry of fresh new (vague) information?
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    He already discovered everything, UWE had to lock him in their basement until the game is released
    CCTEE wrote: »
    Has the OP stopped updating or has the twitterstream just ran dry of fresh new (vague) information?

Sorry, but I was kinda busy with a) Reallife stuff and b) playing all my new steam games (most notably terraria). You may or may not have noticed my complete disappearance from the forums... I will try to get an update asap.
  • CptFlubberGuppyCptFlubberGuppy Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220214Members
    this must be an ancient thread