IS there a way to see a numerical version of your "skill"

draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members

Comments

• RoflcopterV22RoflcopterV22 Arizona Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184616Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I believe if you login to:
    http://hive.naturalselection2.com
    Or just search your name you should see it.
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    ...What's my name on there? I logged in with my uwe conditionals but i change my name a lot in game, but every name i've tried pulls up nothing. Is there not a universal name it uses er
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    Figured it out I think... but i guess it only counts some servers huh? It only has 5 games listed, some back in april, even though i've played like 25 hours this week. Bizarre.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Only non modded servs relay your stats I believe. not a whooole ton out there aside fron uwe officials, but I think when you log in at the hive, there's a list of those servers which do transmit your stats if you click the white listed servers link.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Due to the nature of this game there is no direct way to quantify that value. Do you mean how well you killing stuff? Look at your KDR. But as for how effective you are as a player at helping your team win the game this is a different story. The ingame score correlates to this in some degree but it is something that is hard to quantify. You would need to look at the match post facto and then analyze how effective every action you made as a player was and then assign numerical values to them and then you could quantify it.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    The only scientifically proven method of quantifying your skill numerically is to drop your pants and then measure yourself with a ruler.

That "hive" thing is an idea, but ultimately fail IMO. Among other factors, the biggest glaring issue is that in games you ståk you always get higher score and thus higher "skill" than in games you dèståk. So if you like 41jd2Vu8NmL._SY300_.jpg, your <censored> grows tremendously. As you can tell, I'm looking forward to when this is used to "balance" teams.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    2cough wrote: »
    Only non modded servs relay your stats I believe. not a whooole ton out there aside fron uwe officials, but I think when you log in at the hive, there's a list of those servers which do transmit your stats if you click the white listed servers link.

And servers running ns2stats/mods, but only if they are whitelisted by UWE
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    HeatSurge wrote: »
    That "hive" thing is an idea, but ultimately fail IMO. Among other factors, the biggest glaring issue is that in games you ståk you always get higher score and thus higher "skill" than in games you dèståk. So if you like, your <censored> grows tremendously. As you can tell, I'm looking forward to when this is used to "balance" teams.

Indeed this failing could also be seen as a feature if/when the "skill" value is used for balancing instead of something to show off.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    Maybe it'll "work itself out" when people with artificially high/low "skill" due to being on winning/losing teams are forced to be on a team that ends up losing or winning "unexpectedly" due to the discrepancy.

However, there's also nothing preventing the people with high "skill" from leaving bad teams they are put on. And any system that forces you to play out a lost game is a terrible idea IMO :-) . Maybe leaving a game could/should automatically count as a loss, thereby reducing your "skill," or you automatically take 100 points penalty or something? And maybe that'll be OK. I don't know :-) . I am just extremely skeptical of a strictly "ranked" environment in this particular game. Maybe I'll be proven wrong to think this way, we'll see soon enough I guess.
  • SlowLeftySlowLefty Join Date: 2011-02-13 Member: 81653Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just wanted to mention, if you are looking up your name on the hive stats,

The search is annoyingly CaSe sEnSiTiVe and not partial, so you need put in your name EXACTLY.

If you have trouble, Google can be better at finding your name, by searching

site:http://hive.naturalselection2.com yourname
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Or just put in your steam ID. Or log into the website and bind your steam to it.