Why is the commander mic key different by default?

COLSWEETOCOLSWEETO Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183349Members
Is there some warning I missed for this? I saw the update had new options for keybinds - I didn't realize it would change my microphone key while commander. Also, why cannot this be fixed IN-GAME? Who was the brainiac behind this change? :-bd

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It can be fixed...go into options, click commander, set commander keys?
  • COLSWEETOCOLSWEETO Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183349Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Can be it fixed in game while you are already playing? No

Is there a warning before the game about this new change? No

:-bd
  • MoFoMoFo Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188047Members
    Wait what? They changed it so the push to talk button is different if you're commander?

So the game I played earlier where I commanded nobody heard anything I said all game? I figured they weren't listening because they were rookies... :|

*slow clap* nicely done UWE. I wondered why commanders today have been alot less communicative than usual... Why would they make a change that can impact a game SO much, and not include a message warning about it?

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    COLSWEETO wrote: »
    Can be it fixed in game while you are already playing? Yes

Fixed. It should have auto inherited the existing keys but there was a bug. Yes you can change it in game though.
    COLSWEETO wrote: »
    Can be it fixed in game while you are already playing? Yes

Fixed. It should have auto inherited the existing keys but there was a bug. Yes you can change it in game though.
    How? Please show me, as the COMMANDER menu didn't show up in game.

SamusDroid wrote: »

Thanks for adding nothing to this. How does this address the issue that it didn't make the commander mic the same as your other mic key? And that you can't change it in-game? Thanks for dropping some random posts though.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    If you can't change it in game, then you are playing on a server with an outdated mod. Also nothing I can do about that. Yes, it's my fault for not catching that, but there are things you can do as well.

It's obviously not intended to be that way
    jMej7ok.png
    If you can't change it in game, then you are playing on a server with a n outdated mod. Also nothing I can do about that. Yes, it's my fault for not catching that, but there are things you can do as well.
    Thanks, this was a helpful discussion. "Things you can do as well", that's great! Next time before the update, I will be sure to print out all my settings and review line-by-line after the new update is established.
    Well, if your keys aren't the same then it would be the first thing to check in the options. I don't see how the game would even work using an old menu file, so it had to have been there
    Well, if your keys aren't the same then it would be the first thing to check in the options. I don't see how the game would even work using an old menu file, so it had to have been there
    That's unfortunate that you don't see, but that is UWE's job to do adequate bug testing. As well, based on a number of other people here who didn't see it in the options, it is not that uncommon apparently.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Wow you are being unpleasant.
    I get you are frustrated by a singular key binding in a video game, but come on..

You can change the binding any time - and if a change log states customizable commander bindings made it in, and your mic wasn't working in game while commanding... what else would you assume?

As for bug testing, get this :
    it made it past us BECAUSE we tested it!.. If we had never tested it and just went into a game AND had other than default bindings, the bug would have reproduced itself and we would have caught it.

Anyways it's a small bug that's easily addressable by any user at any time. Enjoy the new customization that samus worked so hard on.
    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.