Auto Kick?

FreedomFighterFreedomFighter Join Date: 2013-12-04 Member: 189777Members
i saw lot of player just afk in Ready Room, there's no auto kick system?

Comments

• KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    UWE officials server do not have auto kick I believe. But there are some servers that has it
  • FreedomFighterFreedomFighter Join Date: 2013-12-04 Member: 189777Members
    So only option left is to recall all players and vote kick them off right?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Auto kick SHOULD be on by default, if it isn't then UWE messed up and needs to correct that immediately. 5 minutes afk should equal a kick on official servers imo.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i saw lot of player just afk in Ready Room, there's no auto kick system?

Servers running Shine Admin have an option to enable AFK kicking. I run AFK-Kick it on all of my servers.

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    There is a vanilla auto-kick and it's also enabled by default ... . The only problem those files don't get updated automatically afaik.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Next patch should rewrite all consistency and server config files (but make a copy .bak of last one...) to get them up to date. This way attentive admins can quickly restore their settings but servers such as official servers that don't get edited (ever) can get fixed.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I believe that autokick should be on only when match is in progress. It sucks when you take two minute brake after 60 min match and comeback to see "kicked" message. At least make AFK kick longer when match is not in progress.

Personally, I've sold this problem by putting my wireless mouse in my pocket when I go afk for 2-3 minutes. But I wish my mouse could stay on the table all the time.
  • COLSWEETOCOLSWEETO Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183349Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Next patch should rewrite all consistency and server config files (but make a copy .bak of last one...) to get them up to date. This way attentive admins can quickly restore their settings but servers such as official servers that don't get edited (ever) can get fixed.
    No
    You just going to make useless posts in every thread?
    Actually I said that since you're clearly spam posting every thread. I'm not talking about the server admins, they will obviously just change the consistency back to default, this is to rollout the new format for official servers which aren't all administered. There are alternatives to do that of course.
    Actually I said that since you're clearly spam posting every thread. I'm not talking about the server admins, they will obviously just change the consistency back to default, this is to rollout the new format for official servers which aren't all administered. There are alternatives to do that of course.
    5 threads is not "every thread". They have no reason to automatically overwrite the config files for the servers. You never said "official" or "UWE" servers, no reason to change your argument now.
    but servers such as official servers that don't get edited (ever) can get fixed.

Gee, yeah, you're right.
    but servers such as official servers that don't get edited (ever) can get fixed.

Gee, yeah, you're right.
    Nice that you left out the "attentive admins" part. Like I said, those admins do not owe you anything, and there is no reason to overwrite the files

You said I never said official, I quoted myself disproving you, you then ignore it and jump on something else which honestly you're being an idiot about. Confirmed for troll (because no one is that stupid, maybe defensive though).
    You said I never said official, I quoted myself disproving you, you then ignore it and jump on something else which honestly you're being an idiot about. Confirmed for troll (because no one is that stupid, maybe defensive though).
    You said that it would update the official servers, which of course it would, because you said it would overwrite the server config files with the patch - for everyone. Of course the official servers would be part of "all servers".
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Auto-kick was added as a default server configuration a while back, which I presume the UW servers are using. If the server is over half full, players will get auto-kicked after around 5 minutes.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Default settings do in fact have 5 minute auto kick. If anyone sees the opposite on official servers please let me know.

@colsweeto
    26 spam flags and 13 abuse flags.. With only 2 agrees..
    You should stop while you're behind, friend