Uncommon slow motion problem.

SidMajerSidMajer Wrocław, Poland Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189707Members
edited December 2013 in Technical Support
Just installed the game and it feels weird. Everything on my screen is slow. FPS are fine, ping is fine yet whenever I do jump I feel like a balloon. My sprint is as slow as walking pace on YouTube videos. To the extend, people on the server do see me moving and jumping slowly, so do enemies. I just see them warping like on lag spikes every ~5 seconds. No matter if I am on European server with ping around 30, or american with delay ~120ms it makes no difference at all. I thought it has something to do with the internet connection, but surprisingly same happens when I am playing offline with bots! Tutorial took me half an hour to finish instead of 15minutes.

Verified game files, everything is stock (settings, up-to date drivers), and PC is not overstressed (core i7, 4GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX660)

NS2 is the first game ever to have such issue. In fact it is the only game of many in which I have a technical problem.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Could you use net_stats in the console and make a screenshot? Also a log would be helpfull. ;)

Turn off raw input in the options and see if that changes anything. Also what kind of mouse do you use?
  • FAIL_MurdocFAIL_Murdoc Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187257Members, NS2 Playtester, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Oh hey Sid, I played with you just an hour ago.
    It was very strange, you were also moving in slow motion from 3rd person, made you an really easy target;)
    I have never seen this bug before though.
    Once you flew past me, and killed me even tho you weren't even looking at me.
  • SidMajerSidMajer Wrocław, Poland Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189707Members
    UNBELIVEABLE.

I was restarting the game like dozen of times for 2 hours, and as soon as I wrote post on forums the game fixed itself. Now I cannot reproduce issue :|
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Guess your Internet connection gone weird.
    Like Paketloss or other issues.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Its possible the issue had to do with a specific server? can you remember which one it was (if possibly, exactly which one?)
    were you playing on a low-ping server? O.o
  • SidMajerSidMajer Wrocław, Poland Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189707Members
    edited December 2013
    I was switching servers, checked 3 low latency ones, and two over Atlantic. Same thing on my local host. Neverthless seems it does work now. I have not changed anything yet, so I'll have to dive in it If it occurs again.

Hopefully (or rather not) i would be able to gather more data on it. So far I've got only video recorded.
  • ghabanghaban Join Date: 2004-02-16 Member: 26595Members
    i got the same problem now :) No idea how to fix it, fps is great, ping is great, just that all (including my menu??) is moving in slow-motion, havent really tried playing since it doesnt really work
  • ghabanghaban Join Date: 2004-02-16 Member: 26595Members
    comp reboot solved the issue, weird though