Increasing Gather Participation

SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
edited January 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Could UWE implement some kind of link on the NS2 game homescreen with a button encouraging people to click through to gather pages. Very few people know about gathers, and how fun they can be, aside from their utility in learning more of the intricacies of the game. It would be nice to have more people serious about the game actually knowing about the pretty well-developed gather system that is in place and taking part in it. It just needs some publicity. "Got skillz? Come gather with us" or something along those lines for the button would be ideal :D

Comments

• SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Not just gathers, but how about community sites in general...

ENSL, NS2-fr, AusNS2, there are heaps of sites that are keeping the game going, yet no mention of them anywhere on a permanent page. Yes of course, Hugh makes news stories about these sites, and they are much appreciated but get buried as news posts tend to do.

+1 OP
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    Why not just have a password free gather server with something along the lines of "Competitive 6v6 practice - Advanced skill!" Then when new people join have the server spam their chat text with an explanation of what they just joined and how it works?

Another thing that will help with PUG participation is skill classes. Personally I stopped playing PUGs because I got tired of being the punching bag for the high end players. It would be a lot more fun if I could play with other players in my skill range.
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    These points have been made several times and although I respect that UWE are busy it just always seems to fall on deaf ears. There are rumours of sabot the matchmaking system but I don't think it has ever been officially spoke about by UWE in any form of depth?
    And yeah even the 10+ year old ensl.org has no mention on the community page, its a shame tbh
  • deweynguyendeweynguyen PK Join Date: 2014-01-27 Member: 193568Members
    This information is new and interesting for me.