Dropship Update (263) Released - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    Geek wrote: »
    You guys are lucky that your game loads to find bugs, my game only loads a black screen and eats CPU cycles like mad. Too bad they are so focused on the organized play BS and seem to not care much about the majority of the play in public games that don't turn out very well for new players that don't stick around.
    It happens to me once a while ago after update. Following steps helps me:
    1.) remove all game content from steam option
    2.) remove all settings ... just delete rest of NS2 folder in steamapps
    3.) download and install it fresh

after that you have default settings and what is most important correctly downloaded all your game files ...
    for me it helps, don't know about you ... at least it is worth to try :)
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had issues launching the game, even after validation. Fixed it by deleting my %APPDATA%/Natural Selection 2/ folder.
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    I had issues launching the game, even after validation. Fixed it by deleting my %APPDATA%/Natural Selection 2/ folder.
    le me ... faster poster :D .. still I hope it helps.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    You guys are lucky that your game loads to find bugs, my game only loads a black screen and eats CPU cycles like mad. Too bad they are so focused on the organized play BS and seem to not care much about the majority of the play in public games that don't turn out very well for new players that don't stick around.

I get a black screen very often when I alt tab, have to task manager the game shut. Guaranteed black screen lock when alt tabbing while the game is doing anything besides sitting at the menu.
  • RoverRover blargh Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21139Members
    xen32 wrote: »
    You and your friends can bind skype push-to-talk to the same button you have voice in-game. So when they speak in game, they stop transmitting to skype.
    Point is, skype's push-to-talk just toggel mic state as long as the button is pressed, so if your mic is unmuted, it becomes muted when key is held. Yes, it will be push-not-to-talk button actually.
    Or voice chat could not become MORE of a hassle as the game gets updated and in stead have separate options for unmuted/muteall/mutemic/muterequests when you click the icon. Could make rightclick unmute regardless if you don't want 3 clicks to go from muteall to unmuted.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Forced a random after a stack last night. Then half of everyone f4'd, switched back to previous team, and an identical stomp ensued. One switcher was a playtester, no less. Good stuff, you can't fix people I guess.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Am I the only one where the buttons in the menu doesn't work when you are in the "Training" tab?
  • Warforce17Warforce17 Join Date: 2013-09-12 Member: 188154Members
    edited February 2014
    I also think that skulks are too loud. A marine being in crossroad is able to hear a skulk in computer lab or in summit depending on the positon he is currently in.
    Therefore he has a lot of time to retreat and wait for the skulk. It also makes ambushes a lot harder.
    Trying out a gather in a sec to see the impact on actual gameplay.
  • MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    In what were you thinking when you did this to skulks? T_T
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    There is no critical game breaking update in Docking. It's a very minor bug and is FULLY PLAYABLE as it is right now. there is no reason why you should remove Docking from yoru map list, let alone not play on it.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    There is no critical game breaking update in Docking. It's a very minor bug and is FULLY PLAYABLE as it is right now. there is no reason why you should remove Docking from yoru map list, let alone not play on it.

Thanks for cleaning that up was wondering myself about this until now.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    "Can you please remove the information inside the post"

Pot. Kettle. Black.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    lol, this new vote "forceeventeams" is terrible, not only does it sometimes leave teams uneven, i can't even disable it as server admin, i've tried two commands in serverconfig.json but assuming i'm guessing them wrong or there isn't a way to disable it yet?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Jekt wrote: »

I get a black screen very often when I alt tab, have to task manager the game shut. Guaranteed black screen lock when alt tabbing while the game is doing anything besides sitting at the menu.

You get locked at the main menu too, like if you hit quit and then it stalls and if u alt tab your pc will lock?

• ED0ggYED0ggY Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17103Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    when i was playing as commander for marines, not sure if it happens in pre-game or during started play,
    but the un-blue / unbuilt printed power nodes can still be attacked and show up on the map as an attacked power node,

anyone test and confirm?!
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    @geek
    You say they're "too focused", yet you can't be asked to make a technical support post about the matter?...
    Also, balance changes are being held back until WC ends afaik
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thank you everyone that's reported issues with Dropship so far - It makes it much easier for us to identify what is going right, what is going wrong, and where we should direct our efforts.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    You say they're "too focused", yet you can't be asked to make a technical support post about the matter?...
    Also, balance changes are being held back until WC ends afaik

I don't get that. Skulks not being silent is such a huge balance change. I don't think improved hallucination AI comes close to how the average game of NS2 is going to be effected. Any skulk at a high level knew how to abuse the system to only ever make sound on the first jump in a chain to get around any map nearly completely silently at top speed. Currently you can hear a skulk in mezz from south tunnels.

Also regarding the skulk sounds, I agree that they're too loud. But why wasn't the regular walljumping noises (first and second growl) simply made audible to marines instead of using the normal jumping sound?

Excuse the terrible walljumping, the new sounds are throwing me off! Skip to 30ish if you like.

It sounds like 3 different noises are being played at once; second growl, regular jump and touching surface effects. The effect sounds are being cut off before completing and some very noticeable volume changes throughout.

The walljumping sounds being cut off when chaining was in the previous builds, but it's so much more noticeable now with other effects stuffed in.

Stickler for sound. This probably won't annoy most people.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    @jekt
    "Skulks not being silent is such a huge balance change. "

I would agree with this - but disagree with your assessment of the hallucination impacts given the internal tests we had in the prior weeks. (YEEESH!)
    I obviously also agree regarding the volume based on distance.

"Any skulk at a high level knew how to abuse the system "
    So while it has an obvious impact on balance at higher levels, you sort of point to exactly why this change was made. Not to mention the sound cut offs for the wall jumps were just jarring and sounded like trash.

I obviously can't speak on why it was changed now instead of after WC, but I do like the change overall.
    And who knows.. maybe it will sway the win rates in a more even direction. *shrug*
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really don't like the new sounds for the skulks. Playing on summit I was able to hear skulks from a full room away. I could hear skulks from crevice to the middle of atrium, they're insanely loud now.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    well i would prefer if UWE turned pets off in biodome by next build.
  • pricelinenegotiatorpricelinenegotiator Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183005Members
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Skulk sounds did need tweaking, but it's a little too loud just now. Probably needs to be about 25% quieter than the current volume.

I really feel that it was absolutely fine before. Maybe a poll would be good to see how everyone falls.
  • FursFurs Join Date: 2013-09-20 Member: 188365Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The skulk sounds definitely need tweaking, currently its way to loud :(

Rest is looking good sofar ;)
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bug: Marine bots totally ignore gorges.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hamlet wrote: »
    GORGE RUSH!!!
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Hamlet wrote: »

Long Known :D
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    MoFo wrote: »
    There is a game-critical bug in Docking, and we recommend not playing it in 263

I played docking last night and absolutely love the changes made, especially the three additional vents, and the changes to courtyard..

What exactly is this "game-critical bug" though? We played three games on Docking and everything seemed fine.

Your not looking closely enough b/c I showed everyone what it was as soon as we switched to that map b/c for those of us who have been waiting for this bug it is finally here. That is all I am going to say about it.