Icons

shortyroKshortyroK Tulsa, OK Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16822Members, Constellation
I am sure this has been covered, but do us in the community that have been around since the early days have any special icons in-game? Was around in alpha and beta testing in the first NS and beta tested in the 2nd on as well. Thought I remembered there being something specific that we got for our loyalty, but I don't remember what it entailed. Hell, my steamid is 0:0:2139 if that doesn't tell you how long I have been around.

Comments

• SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You got a black armor, I believe that was the only thing that was promised in that time :)
  • shortyroKshortyroK Tulsa, OK Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16822Members, Constellation
    and i wanted pink. Por QUEEEE!
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    ManiaK wrote: »
    I am sure this has been covered, but do us in the community that have been around since the early days have any special icons in-game? Was around in alpha and beta testing in the first NS and beta tested in the 2nd on as well. Thought I remembered there being something specific that we got for our loyalty, but I don't remember what it entailed. Hell, my steamid is 0:0:2139 if that doesn't tell you how long I have been around.

My steam id is as low as yours (0:0:3747) and I'm not expecting anything. Just get over it.
  • shortyroKshortyroK Tulsa, OK Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16822Members, Constellation
    wasn't expecting anything ass. was just asking a question, because I remembered something about it before and wasn't sure what exactly it entailed. i am fine with black armor and or whatever else there is or was. go troll another thread.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    lol sars, counting not a strong point? :D
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    It really don't matter how long you have been around, If you bought NS2 back in beta BEFORE it went on sale on steam you where given black armour.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    It really don't matter how long you have been around, If you bought NS2 back in beta BEFORE it went on sale on steam you where given black armour.

No, that's not true. NS2 black armor was only for a limited time, and if you missed that initial sale you could only buy the "normal" version long before it actually went on sale on steam.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I keep linking this, but it is once again relevant :P
    I have the deluxe/black armor and wasn't sure if there were icons included. I just remember something about icons(ex. constellation) coming with it. It doesn't really matter. Just started playing again and saw icons and didn't know exactly what they meant or where they came from.

Thanks for the clarification.

Moving on...do I need to ask an admin to change my userid? ManiaK was from before I started using shortyroK and I would like to change it if possible.
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    edited April 2014
    icons are explained on hive. click on your name/level in the main menu to open up the hive-profile in steam. there is a category called badges (i think) which explains the most of the icons.
    however, some icons are server-dependent. e.g. the [SEK] servers will promote you for playing balanced (= non-stacked) games with various ranks and corresponding icons.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    The constellation icon was from NS1 donations and predates the special edition pre-order armor. We did have some issues of people losing some of the member groups on the forums when we switched over to Vanilla last year, but at this point you'll need to get some kind of record of whether you had constellation or not and then get in touch with @Comprox to get the issue resolved.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff