Ideas for vehicles and stuff. Say what you think

mack100Smmack100Sm USA Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202614Members
One thing I whant more of is vehicles and fish but for vehicles what there should be a see ship that looks like a flying fish
flying-fish.jpg
That could jump out if water for short times and dive deep next a ship that has a lot of storage that looks like a turtle idk just has lots of storage next a very easy thing the sea skimmer that is like the constructor but skims the surface at very fast speeds ( not a vehicle but there should be bait to draw fish near so you can catch and eat) ok next sea ship should be called the Goliath or something 2x as big ass the cyclops in length for how would you get out of the shallows and lastly the kraken ship youse sits tenticals to propel itself

- merged the threads and fixed the image embed -Kouji San

Comments

• SBShuffle001SBShuffle001 Illinois Join Date: 2015-03-26 Member: 202603Members
    I think that you can be able to make a propeller on the fabricator and attach it to the pod so you can be able to move it around.
    Also I think there should be a chunk of the Aurora near the radiation zone that you can pick up with the cyclops or something, and make a personal rocket to go to space. (Hinting for my personal big idea for the plot).
    I Also really like a thing I made called the, upgrade scale. It shows what you can upgrade and how much you can do it. For example: You can upgrade the cyclops to have an arm attachment, and then etc.
    Also a ship/submarine like the zumwalt destoryer would be quite nice. Maybe get rid of some of the guns though.

cnet.com/pictures/zumwalt-the-navys-massive-high-tech-destroyer-is-here-pictures/
  • Evansmash4Evansmash4 mooooooseeeeee Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202635Members
    i think it woud be awsome if they had like a alien boss and if u kill it u can like ride on it
  • mack100Smmack100Sm USA Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202614Members
    Or tame the big alien thing
  • Jacob-EllingerJacob-Ellinger Grand Rapids Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202641Members
    I would like a hover craft.
  • Toothbrush123Toothbrush123 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-02-11 Member: 201313Members
    mack100Sm wrote: »
    should be called the Goliath or something 2x as big ass the cyclops in length for how would you get out of the shallows

While you have some good ideas, this one doesn't seem possible. The Cyclops was worked on for weeks, and its not likely there will be a bigger ship, at least for a good amount of time.
    mack100Sm wrote: »
    One thing I whant more of is vehicles and fish but for vehicles what there should be a see ship that looks like a flying fish
    flying-fish.jpg
    That could jump out if water for short times and dive deep next a ship that has a lot of storage that looks like a turtle idk just has lots of storage next a very easy thing the sea skimmer that is like the constructor but skims the surface at very fast speeds ( not a vehicle but there should be bait to draw fish near so you can catch and eat)

I like these three. I'm not sure how plausible they are, the "sea skimmer" is something I've seen a lot of people asking for. As for the bait mechanic, I'm not sure how it would work, but it has potential. I like the "turtle" idea, but I think the storage issue will be addressed at a later time, with adding modular support for the cyclops (i.e. add hull reinforcements for deeper dives, storage additions so you can carry more, speed upgrades, etc. etc.

I also thing the flying fish idea is cool, but I'm not sure how practical it is. Again, it depends on the ability to have deeper dives in the cyclops, and the depth limits of the Seamoth. Going to extraordinary depths seems to be on the devs mind, so I would keep an eye out for that.

Either way, these are some cool and creative ideas, and I think you are going in the right direction. Keep up the good work, I hope to see some more ideas from you.

cheers
  • cabal1996cabal1996 Ukraine Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202644Members
    I think should be added to a complex system of diving at great depths. Associated with fizeologiey of man.

1. Man in deep water can not breathe ordinary air, need a more complex mixture.
    2. Add a device for synthesizing breathing mixtures of different depths.
    3. Factors decompression. To play the game you can make a short but necessary.
    4. The need for an intermediate base with a decompression chamber where we go on a special breathing mixture.

It would be interesting if there were obstacles to the player physiological nature before he will find yourself in deep water. Just like in the James Cameron film The Abyss

P.S. Sorry for my english.
  • Toothbrush123Toothbrush123 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-02-11 Member: 201313Members
    cabal1996 wrote: »

@cabal1996 I'm not sure what you mean by this? Its not your wording, I just wasn't aware a human couldn't breathe regular oxygen in deeper waters.
  • Zoltan_aZoltan_a Belgium Join Date: 2015-02-28 Member: 201609Members

@cabal1996 I'm not sure what you mean by this? Its not your wording, I just wasn't aware a human couldn't breathe regular oxygen in deeper waters.

If you are interested on the subject you can read the wiki here :

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathing_gas
    Zoltan_a wrote: »

If you are interested on the subject you can read the wiki here :

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathing_gas

It very cool like you would need to make hydrox to go very deep
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    I think should be added to a complex system of diving at great depths. Associated with fizeologiey of man.
    [...]
    3. Factors decompression. To play the game you can make a short but necessary.
    4. The need for an intermediate base with a decompression chamber...
    [...]
    It would be interesting if there were obstacles to the player physiological nature before he will find yourself in deep water. Just like in the James Cameron film The Abyss

what a nice idea, this maybe will require to build some base-outposts to go step by step deeper and deeper! a good way to pace the game, so u can't rush from shallow to the deepest abyss in no time! it would be nice too if pressure is a factor too. so u Need stronger material the deeper u go!
  • ArbhallArbhall The Earth Join Date: 2015-04-03 Member: 202874Members
    Me personally I would like to see work arms on the Sea Moth, so you can harvest mats. Also a locker or something on the Seamoth, anything to add to storage when you are away from the Cyclops/ Escape Pod/ Sea Base.
    I would also like to see proper actual rooms for the sea base, you could live in a corridor but a room would be much better. Id also like to see a bed/ hammock so we can sleep through the night instead of stumbling around in the dark. Might also be another way of recovering health.
    Being able to extract a gel or slime from (x ) fish to treat burns from the steam vent. Some animals seem to cause or have a poison effect, maybe the same or similar gel/ slime to treat the poison would be really cool.
    Ideally I would also like to see a few more varieties of animals, more sizes, more colors, more materials to collect. The ability to build a sort of cage or pen to contain the animals for farming would be the end goal. So that you could eventually breed animals with specific traits, like a strong scent so you can attract predators or repel some. Some that just yield tons of food. Some because they glow and light up your front yard. Others cause they constantly spew out some crap which changes the color of the water green or red, kinda like the mace tails fart attack, but does nothing except make it easier to spot your base from farther away. Which opens up the door to useful flora, that do any or all of the above.
    The last news from Steam mentioned something about opening up the Aurora, or pieces of it that have fallen off that you can explore. All awesome!
    A wetsuit made from flora or fauna which allows you to be invisible to certain predators would also be sweet, especially if it made you invisible to one type and bait for another in different regions/ biome.
    But the absolute tip top of the list of things I would like to see, is a simple harpoon rifle. Something with roughly twice the range of the stasis rifle, but can kill small animals and make the larger ones think twice. No lines, or poisons or shock devices. Just a simple sharpened bit that slices through the water.
    In any case, I think the devs are doing an awesome job, and I cant wait to see what comes next.
    Great job guys.
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    ... i thought about ur rescue-pod today because since midgame it became pretty useless. just floating around doin nothin but still beaconing all the time! maybe there should be an option to attach it to the cyclops somehow. like an emergency escape-pod. so when ur cyclops is beeing destroyed u can blow urself to the surface using ur old and trusty pod!
    maybe the pod can than be used for multiple purposes, like function as ur private quarters and rescue-pod at the same time. this will require to change the interior a little bit. add a bed or something to make it more a place to life in!

1c00ae8c0fae7b2ab3fbf9ebb0af90.jpg

here is the link to the original post: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2236421/#Comment_2236421
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    aww that life pod/ cyclops idea is awesome
  • cheeseburgerscheeseburgers Ottawa Join Date: 2015-04-11 Member: 203292Members
    edited April 2015
    Something I want to see above all things are a few more ships and a lot more fish, I thought it would be really awesome if there was a ship that was kinda shaped like a spider and it crawled along the ground, and you could add an arm on it that could grab materials on the seabed so you don't need to get out, that would be really good for avoiding threats beyond the walls of the spider-like ship or whatever other ship you would need to exit to grab that stuff
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    omg yes plz we can call it the grab crab or something :D