For Subnautica developers and others

Niels_h1Niels_h1 Danmark Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202968Members
Hello whoever are seeing this.

I really wan't to play this game, but steam says that i can't. I know it's because i'm using a 32-bit computer. But then i just wasted 19,99€ on a game i can't even play.
Then i ask the developers:
Do you ever thinking of setting the game to run on 32-bit computers? It's actually not fair that, 32-bit users can't play the game, but 64-bit users can.
That Means that, all people with 32-bit computers, needs to buy a new RAM wich i guess is expensive.
If you do, then most of the people out there, with 32-bit computers, will be happy. It actually won't affect 64-bit computer users if you make the game to min. 32-bit

I hope you'll see this as a good point.

/Niels_h1

Comments

• Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Using a 32 big system lags the game upp tonse and it's cleary said that you need to have a 64 bit system on you're computer.
  • Niels_h1Niels_h1 Danmark Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202968Members
    You could make a version for 32-bit (with less entities and less World generation)
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    hem...i think i should tell you, you can't raise the number of bits from 32 to 64 just by buying RAM, it's actually a waste of money since 32 bit systems can only operate up to 4 gigabytes of ram.

You should change your operative system...and maybe part of the hardware too.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2015
    Hi there, sorry but as per our System Requirements page on Steam, Subnautica is a 64bit game as are almost all new games of our size and scale. You'll find now, especially with Windows 10 and the new console generation, almost all new games will be 64bit. Chances are, your system does support 64bit on the CPU side, I would recommend upgrading to a 64bit OS. 64bit allows game creators to make a much bigger more immersive world, one which a 32bit system just cannot handle due to memory constraints (32bit systems can only see a max of about 3.5GB TOTAL RAM).

You can see our reasons why we're 64bit here: http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/64-bit-not-64-bit/

Please be aware, you do now have access to Steam Refunds, please use it if you need to - but an OS upgrade *SHOULD* be all you need to run more modern games like Subnautica.
  • Niels_h1Niels_h1 Danmark Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202968Members
    edited June 2015
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Hi there, sorry but as per our System Requirements page on Steam, Subnautica is a 64bit game as are almost all new games of our size and scale. You'll find now, especially with Windows 10 and the new console generation, almost all new games will be 64bit. Chances are, your system does support 64bit on the CPU side, I would recommend upgrading to a 64bit OS. 64bit allows game creators to make a much bigger more immersive world, one which a 32bit system just cannot handle due to memory constraints (32bit systems can only see a max of about 3.5GB TOTAL RAM).

You can see our reasons why we're 64bit here: http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/64-bit-not-64-bit/

Please be aware, you do now have access to Steam Refunds, please use it if you need to - but an OS upgrade *SHOULD* be all you need to run more modern games like Subnautica.

Oh. now i see. Then i have to find a Windows 7 64-bit installation disc. It'll be hard.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @niels_h1 I recieved my machine w/ 32 bit preloaded on it. Was fine for me back in 2012ish, but ns2 had needs I needed to meet because... I'm in love w/ it. Anyways, I got my windows key off my computer, called microsoft, explained my situation, and they sent me a brand new 64bit install disk. I think if you own 32bit, you have this option available to you.
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    Niels_h1 wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »

Oh. now i see. Then i have to find a Windows 7 64-bit installation disc. It'll be hard.

Mine was in the box with the 32 bit version.