All Good Shows Must Come To An End [x/post AusNS2]

SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
original thread by bonage: ausns2.org/showthread.php?1411-All-Good-Shows-Must-Come-To-An-End

Dear Friends,

With Season 4 now wrapped up, we at AusNS2 feel that this is a good time to retire the AusNS2 league and other competitive events we host. We've had a really good run, and we should all be proud and grateful for what we've achieved as a community.

We've had some great competitive moments over the last 4 seasons and various day comps, and we would like to thank each and every player who participated. The NS community has been a great one to be a part of over the years, and I would hope that many of the friendships made here continue on beyond the league and this community.

As for NS2, though it had a bumpy start and certainly its issues along the way, I think we can all agree though despite its flaws, the game entertained and inspired us. With its unique game-play, quirky alien classes and great art design, it's provided us many memories and laughs over the last 3 years which I hope you guys take those with you moving forward.

For now though, you can take a trip down memory lane and check out the past league results here:

AusNS2 League History:

yybplPR.png
Winner: Ascension
Runner Up: Lord Mayor

Season%202%20Banner%20bonage.jpg
Winner: Envy
Runner Up: RaZe

Season_3_jpg.jpg
Winner:
Envy
Runner Up: Hello.

Season4_banner.jpg
Winner: Hungry Together
Runner Up: SHAFT

Server Providers

We would like to thank all of the community members over the years who have provided servers for the community, such as endar with the old monash servers, Scatter with his scatterverse servers and Bld with Dangerzone as well as many others who have provided various multiplay and streamline servers along the way. Without you guys, the community would not have had the infrastructure to play the game community. Your public servers also have helped to grow and keep this community rolling, which we are very grateful for.

Goodbye for Now

So as we bid you all adieu for the time being, we've detailed a small list of community awards for some of the more memorable moments in AusNS2's history.

As for the website/forums and the AusNS2 mumble, they will remain online until we say otherwise as mementos and places for community to continue to hang out in.

Community Awards:

Best Community Detective: Karma

Most Insecure Player: Clowning

Most Personable Player: Lucas2616

Best Mid Game Banter Guy: Jekt

Best Vent Lerk: JimmyMosquito

Best Onstream Guest: Juliet (Seb's Sister)

Best Usage of Forum GIFs: Elodea

Player With Most Forum Badges:
Visor

Most Unintelligible Player over mumble: Matzor

Player with the most random forum posts: Archie

Best Recruitment Thread:
Meshu

Best Wind Tunnel Microphone: mf

The W00t award for most favorite annoying young player: ChupaChups

Biggest Keyboard Warrior Award: Xao

Mother of the Community Award: Mumu

Most amazing guy to listen to on mumble: TummyYummy

Most unhittable player Award
: Intrik

Best Onos Acrobatics Award:
Philogl

Best Use of Correct Mouse Sensitivity Award: Philogl

Best Stream Camera Work Award:
Philogl

Longest Lasting NS2 Clan Award:
-/Aus/-

Best Public Marine Commander: Firepower

Best Public Alien Commander:
MuffinMan

Best usage of K Den Award: Aeol

Comments

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for excellent NS2 content. See you all in NS3.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Seb wrote: »
    Best Public Marine Commander: Firepower

ummmmmmm....LOL

It's been good guys. Might see you for NS3 :)

• Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sad to see it go, but I guess it is inevitable see as Scatterverse went down (Corrosive Muffin puts on up when he is on I think). I will be around as a pub. warrior for awhile longer (hopefully until NS3 come out). See you Aussies stomping on the US servers.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Why am I not on this list? I played a game of NS2 once! Someone invent a category for me, quickly!

In all seriousness, the few games (one, one game) I had with this group was great fun, and I hope Jekt never notices he forgot to take me off his friends list :lol: