[BUG]Fabrictor is taking 3 minutes+ to make simple objects [21956]

MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
Hi

I am not sure what has happened but suddenly my fabricator in my (powered) base is take 3 minutes+ (3 mins 43 secs last attempt) to make simple objects. The only new thing I have done recently is build a power transmitter outside my room on a foundation stand. I have deconstructed the power transmitter but the proplem remains.

Oddly enough the fabricator on my Cyclops, which is parked in another biome, is affected too.

When I created, for example, glass, the graphics occur and you seen the item being built within a few seconds as normal, but the building continues. The tray thing continues to go up and down and the lasers continues to shine and flash even though the glass cube is completed.

Fortunately I am in the habit of copying the saved game file at the end of each day to a folder on my computer so that I have several back up saves. I loaded one of the back up saves to before I built my power transmitter, and all is well in that save. Not sure if the power transmitter was the cause but it was the last thing I created prior to this proplem.

2015-08-26_00006.jpg

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I get the exact same thing. I can assure you it's not the power transmitter, since I've never built one.

For me it tends to happen whenever I come back from collecting materials, or from exploring.
  • Z-comZ-com canada Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207583Members
    edited August 2015
    Same with me
    I get the exact same thing. I can assure you it's not the power transmitter, since I've never built one.

For me it tends to happen whenever I come back from collecting materials, or from exploring.

Same with me
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Any thing in any one's logs?

I will try to reproduce tomorrow/tonight if I can but the current reproduction steps are something like :

build base
    add fabricator
    Possibly go far away and return
    Possibly build a power transmitter
    ???
    See slow down on construction.

Did you put the power transmitter someplace funky? that sort of thing
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Hi

I put the transmitter on a foundation base next to my room. Other than that I can't think of anything that was done that might have caused it.

I don't have that save anymore so can't send any logs. It's not happened since.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Alright for now, im gonna blame a bad build, or something. If it happens again we will try to track it down.
    KK, if it happens again I will let you know.
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Didn't happen to use any cheats, such as day or night.... right?
  • PhaotaPhaota Waynesboro, GA. USA Join Date: 2014-08-13 Member: 197942Members, Subnautica Playtester
    The only time this issue happens is when you use the "Day" or "Night" console command. I put a crystal on a foundation by my nuclear reactor and the fabricator works fine.
    Phaota wrote: »
    The only time this issue happens is when you use the "Day" or "Night" console command. I put a crystal on a foundation by my nuclear reactor and the fabricator works fine.

Incorrect as I have never used the day/night command.
  • larryludwicklarryludwick Tampa, FL Join Date: 2015-08-21 Member: 207362Members
    I too have this problem. I am using the experimental version, but do not (have never) used console commands to spawn items or change day/night. So I have five fabricators and start one, run to the next and start it, and so on and so on. Some items, such as bleach or titanium ingots work properly, but others, such as cooking fish, or making titanium from scrap metal, take forever. I think it's a build issue.
    One of the PTs ran into this tonight.

The only thing we could figure out was that it only happened when loading his saved game. Not sure how helpful that really is. But if you have it consistently, can you put your log and maybe save game some place and we will see if we can use it to figure out whats up and fix it.b