Today's Update: Shocker Eel, Thunderstorm Sounds

04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
Today's update was fun.

During the loading there was a lot of thunderstorm sounds, though when I went to the surface the skies were clear and the ocean was calm.

The Shocker Eel can be spawned in. Was hoping it wouldn't be hostile, but unfortunately it is.
230cao.jpg

Comments

• DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
    Looks great .. yeah
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Was hoping it wouldn't be hostile, but unfortunately it is.
    It will be. Our upgrade to the latest version of Unity broke some things related to creatures attacking, so that needs to be fixed. This guy will be hostile and you will get electrocuted by him if you get too close.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    It will be. Our upgrade to the latest version of Unity broke some things related to creatures attacking, so that needs to be fixed. This guy will be hostile and you will get electrocuted by him if you get too close.

So will it be straight up hostile, or defensive like the Gasopod?
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members

Probably flat out aggressive since his aesthetic design looks awfully brutish, even the electrocution protrusions look like spikes
  • CMonster0125CMonster0125 United States Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207850Members
    Will there be a counter defense implemented against it? Maybe something for the suit to lessen the effects of electrocution?
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Seldkam wrote: »

Probably flat out aggressive since his aesthetic design looks awfully brutish, even the electrocution protrusions look like spikes

Well that's a might presumptuous, isn't it? Judging a creature by it's appearance! Maybe it's friendly and is just cursed to look like a mean Mr. Grumpy Gi- [Electrocuted]
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    ...thunderstorm sounds, though when I went to the surface the skies were clear and the ocean was calm.

I was wondering the same thing when I started a new Survival Game just now. Not sure but I think those sounds appeared after the Aurora blew up, so it could be some after explosions too. Or it might be a half-implemented weather effect.

Either way, they sounded awesome.
    Or maybe it's just a tongue in cheek reference to the Shocker being in?
  • SmashBrownSmashBrown Kerbin Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207523Members
    Seldkam wrote: »

Well that's a might presumptuous, isn't it? Judging a creature by it's appearance! Maybe it's friendly and is just cursed to look like a mean Mr. Grumpy Gi- [Electrocuted]

I agree, so terrible to judge a creature by it's appearance!
    They just want to be friends!
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Lol that reference xP

Heh who knows, but then again, I hope he gets more work tbh, he is very jittery like the early stalkers hehe
  • Kevin035Kevin035 Soesterberg Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208088Members
    I think it would be reallt cool if you're swimming in the shallows which is a beautiful place to be. And while you're swimming there, there is storm
    above the water. With thunder and rain and dark clouds. Somethink that would be cool on an alien planet.