Important Things Subnautica is missing

RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
There are several feature vital features that Subnautica desperately needs, and I feel now would be a good time to add them (the seamoth update just came out). Before the devs go and add awesome things like the exosuit these things need to be worked on.
In order of importance, here they are:

1- An options menu. For obvious reasons the game needs this soon, and I don't believe it is being worked on. Many of these things are in the launcher and need to be moved into the game.
The menu should include:
~Sound options for creatures (sometimes the reaper's roar gets a bit annoying), music and ambient.
~Video settings such as texture quality (like in the launcher), bloom and some things to improve performance on less powerful computers.
~Key binds and stuff (like in the launcher).

2- A death screen. It is confusing when you suddenly pop up in your life pod and are unsure what just happened. It should tell you that you did, in fact, die and if you lost items (the message is not very noticeable). This would also work well for hardcore mode.

3- Exit to main menu from pause menu. Just a quality of life thing that stops you having to restart the game when you want to play another save.

4- Rename Saves. i have too many saves and I don't know which is which. I have deleted one of my most played saves by accident. Another quality of life thing.

Hope this is helpful to the devs! These kind of things kind of get forgotten, so before you go ahead and add crazy epic stuff finish these features.

Comments

• jjust19jjust19 Australia Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207535Members
    I agree with most of your points, but I honestly think Subnautica also needs a feature that allows you to go back to the main screen without exiting to the desktop ('cause who wants to restart the entire game?).
  • RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
    jjust19 wrote: »
    I agree with most of your points, but I honestly think Subnautica also needs a feature that allows you to go back to the main screen without exiting to the desktop ('cause who wants to restart the entire game?).

That was feature 3
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    I think some of these are allready being worked on. Im almost sertan that they are working on number 3!
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I agree with all of the OP's points. It's great seeing the devs creating new creatures and biomes, but how about making some effort toward making the game smoother to play? Perhaps you need to start addressing those issues, devs.
  • AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
    Highly agree on all points.
    Definitely needs to happen.

Escape to main, sound-music control, renaming saves, and a video section to turn off floating particles, bloom, and light beams, in the water on a permanent nature instead of each run using F3-F8 would be my first choice adds.
  • dienerinlbdienerinlb US Join Date: 2015-09-12 Member: 207909Members
    Make the game usable with ultra-wide monitors
  • RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
    dienerinlb wrote: »
    Make the game usable with ultra-wide monitors

Indeed, things like this need to be addressed soon.
  • MarrVMarrV UK Join Date: 2015-09-13 Member: 207924Members
    Would like to add that it would add hunting bugs greatly if point 3 was implemented asap, having to relaunch each time to report save game bugs will very quickly become tiresome
  • SojoSojo Florida, USA Join Date: 2015-09-20 Member: 208061Members
    I've noticed a significant drop in performance since the last update and would love video options where I could adjust things. Though I personally find the current sound settings perfect, we should have the option to tweak them, but honestly there are many more important things to do first imo.

I think #2, the death screen is the most interesting. I would like a death camera, as many games have where I dramatically see the final seconds of my life replayed, such as being eaten, etc. Not only would it be clear what killed me, but it would just be very cool and immersive.
  • Thor11011Thor11011 southampton Join Date: 2015-09-24 Member: 208130Members
    Sojo wrote: »
    I think #2, the death screen is the most interesting. I would like a death camera, as many games have where I dramatically see the final seconds of my life replayed, such as being eaten, etc. Not only would it be clear what killed me, but it would just be very cool and immersive.

This in itself is a great idea, but I am sure that they will be working on all of these things, but being early access they have a lot of stuff to do before they focus on silly little things like death screens and options.

I am sure it won't be too long until they implement these things out of sheer need, but it seems a little pointless asking for these things, because no sane game developer would leave these things out of the final product.

• EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members
    I strongly agree with feature 1. I bought Subnautica a week ago only to find out that my computer had a crappy graphics card and I can't change it. If there was an option to change the detail and texture, then I wouldn't have wasted $20 on software I can't use.