Suggestion: Mapping Function

atelescopeatelescope USA Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209259Members
First of all, thank the team for making such a great game :)

When I first started Subnautica, I am surprised that the map is so huge and diverse. I had a hard time remembering where the places and the biomes were. So to help myself, I began to map the Subnautica universe - on a grid paper. I got my pen, my gird paper, my seamoth, the debug console for coordinates (cheated slightly) and started mapping the size and boundary of biomes and landmarks. It really gave a feeling of what a real explorer/voyager would do. I think I mapped around 70 % of the biomes. But as the size of the map and the number of biomes continue to grow, it seems my grid papers can no longer keep up.

My suggestion is perhaps certain type of mapping function could be implemented electronically in the game. I am not thinking those mini-maps that we usually see in games since the main purpose of this game is to explore. I think this map should not give away any location and only help players to "map" and mark locations, pretty much like a drawing board or the grid papers I used. So the map can be inaccurate or wrong if the player does not survey carefully.

I understand that not all players find it enjoyable or want to use it, so I think it should be one of the optional things you can do in the game, just like most features currently in the game.

Comments