Story / Game Ending: Stay or Leave?

nittelsnittels Austria Join Date: 2015-12-27 Member: 210441Members
edited December 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
I really love the game very much and I enjoy playing it. And I was thinking:

Should there be a story? Yes.
Should there be a goal to achive? Yes.

What are the two instincts of every lifeform, not matter human or not? Dont starve and breed.

Its both survival (the meaning of the game), but while the first instinct is about survival as an individual, the second instinct is surviving as a species. And for that you need company. So at the end you have two possibilities: Bring others here or flee to see them again. Both are possible, be it to build a huge antenna to send a message or build a spacehip/rocket to leave. However I vote for trying to leave the planet because of two reasons.

The first reason is kinda simple... lets say you left the planet... well... maybe you crash again... and what do you have then? Exactly; Subnautica 2, maybe in a different environment (maybe desert or ice planet, maybe island with optional sea harvesting while it is the other way now).

The second reason is that imho you have more possibilities if you wanna leave. Be serious, is there any fun to make the planet habitable for others to come? Build fitness rooms, entertainment districts or that kind of stuff? Uh, kinda boring if the buildings are not really usefull for your own survival. But what if you want to leave? You need to explore the Aurora much more because you need the technology to race into space. Aurora dungeons ftw... or ancient alien dungeons under water because you need their tech. Hell yeah. You need much more materials and resources. Also you could build the rocket by yourself. Now we have the need for new Buildings already:

- Oil Pump Station
- Refinery
- Tanks for Oil or Gasoline
- Rocket Platform (maybe also an elevator)

You can even combine this resources. Make a powerstation powered by oil or gasoline; another module for your base. But then you get the fuel for the rocket more slow. You cant also build them to deep because you need the oxygen to run it.

I think for this scenario there are much more choices and possibilities for new resources, new modules, the need for exploration and so on. I dont want to build a theme park for visitors or ruin the planet by creating huge landmasses ;-)

Comments

• Natan378Natan378 Italy Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208908Members
    I think these Ending are both awesome,maybe there will be both in the game,perhaps will be the result of different chose of the player in game
  • SourBlueSourBlue France Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207670Members
    the endings are both awesome, staying on the planet is original but boring.
    but I prefer staying
  • ROBOCOPMAXROBOCOPMAX Frechen, DE Join Date: 2015-12-29 Member: 210544Members
    It could be a possible way to trigger a multiplayer mode.
  • LycheeLychee Wisconsin Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210588Members
    I'd really love for this game to have more of a story and objectives, not just survival. A story kind of like; the computer voice tells you there is a radio call coming in from the ship and that you should investigate it. And then you investigate it and find out that it's been almost a year since you've arrived and it's taken that long for Earths contact messages arrive after the computer voice sent out a distress signal. You then start communicating with earth and showing them all the funds and explaining to them what this planet has to offer, and try to convince them to send another ship so they can begin trying to colonize again!
    Also I would love if they could add a mammal like dolphins which move in packs, are harmless, and can be tamed. Lots of animals like that, I think this game really needs more big awe inspiring animals, because this IS an alien world and I NEED to see lots of alien creatures, maybe even land ones for the land biomes, and some flying ones too?
    This would really make the game much more interesting, because who does t like objectives and a story?
  • perseusstormperseusstorm Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210598Members
    I think that the player should be able to chose between the to choses
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I say stay on the planet. The environment in SN is only a tiny portion of the planet. It'll be good to see the devs releasing DLC in the future containing expansion packs to open up more of the planet.