Yet another Can I run this Thread!!

MasprotechMasprotech Cullman,Al Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216613Members
Hey guys been watching some Slipg8r vids on the Youtubes and fell in love with this game so now the main question will my heaping pile of computer run it?

AMD Phenom II x4 945 Processor ~ 3.0ghz
8192mb Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 1024mb GDDR5

Thanks in Advance guys and gals I appreciate any input or suggestions

Comments

• ShiruxriuShiruxriu Seattle Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216065Members
    From what I can tell, I would say you should be okay to run it, but that is from limited experience. I am running an Intel i3 clocking in at 3.9GHz with integrated graphics clocking at a max of about 600MHz. As for my RAM I have 16GB DDR4 and no dedicated graphics, if I can run it on high with that, you should be able to play at least recommended or if failing that minimal. Also getting in touch with AMD's Settings system and making sure all your drivers are updated will only help you.

If you can't figure it out like this, then you're really only left with one option, trial by fire.
  • MasprotechMasprotech Cullman,Al Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216613Members
    Hey thanks for the reply.. Im going to check with amd and make sure Ive got updated everything.. Thanks again
    AMD's Graphical settings are a program that should be running in your taskbar.
  • MasprotechMasprotech Cullman,Al Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216613Members
    Well things are updated already. Everything looks good so I decided to jump in and give it a go.. This may be the thing that pushes me to finally upgrade lol.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    I'm running it on a 3 year old Toshiba laptop with integrated graphics...the day they do something that puts it beyond my reach is the day before I go laptop shopping! I hope I can hold out until the laptops with the desktop nvidia gtx980 cards are a bit cheaper. My next rig will be vr ready, but I'd rather not spend $3k...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2016
    Well with the new GTX1070/80's coming out, usually the prices of previous generations go down...

usually
    Wonder if anyone's going to be putting THOSE in a laptop...
    I knew AMD had something cool coming out, hasn't heard about the new gtx...anyhow, it will take a bit of time for prices to drop, especially since I'm stuck with the laptop requirement. We'll see how long my Toshiba will hang on, which will be the big factor in how long I can wait.
    Huh. Just did some reading on rockpapershotgun, since I want to run vr I may be forking over real money anyhow. Going to wait and see who starts putting the 1080 in laptops and see what the early adopters have to say on them.
    yomama wrote: »
    Huh. Just did some reading on rockpapershotgun, since I want to run vr I may be forking over real money anyhow. Going to wait and see who starts putting the 1080 in laptops and see what the early adopters have to say on them.

Pay attention to Dell, also be careful as there will probably be a laptop version of the 1080 called the 1080M. These are not to be thought of as one and the same. They will have entirely different specifications, technologically speaking, and will in a pinch mean the difference between a good and ok gameplay experience. That being said, pay attention to Dell.
    Yeah, I know the M chips are not the same..doesn't Dell own Alienware now? MSI has a laptop with the full 980, they'll likely offer the 1080 when it's out