Stalker pet DESPAWNED?

GalaxyRiderGalaxyRider Canada Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218122Members
If you have Creapvine in an outside growbed, will stalkers stay by your base?

Comments

• RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Not in my experience. I haven't quite gotten around to the outside grow beds for this past update though so it may have changed.
  • GalaxyRiderGalaxyRider Canada Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218122Members
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    You can't attract stalkers that way, no. You can hatch a stalker egg in an alien containment aquarium and release it outside your base. Stalkers released in this way will stay in the area you put them...but they will still be aggressive.
    Does this work on Xbox?
  • WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    Does this work on Xbox?

Yes, it does it. It also works with normal fish too
  • TotalologistTotalologist Norwich, UK. Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215379Members
    Be careful when you drop them though!

The other night I was redesigning my base so needed to clear out the tanks. I had been nurturing those stalkers for weeks in my tank. I gave them creepvines, peepers to eat - anything they wanted! So I exit in my seamoth and head a little way from my base, savouring my last moments with these faithful sea-dogs and thinking how proud I am as a parent that my little ones are ready to head out in to the big wide world and make a future for themselves.

As I exit the 'moth, I pull the sack round from my side and gently unlace it. The first stalkers snout peeks out. Off he goes! *SO PROUD*

The second snout. But before it even leaves the sack, a third, a fourth, a fifth. Suddenly they tumble from my bag, and in the panic one seizes my leg. Daggers of pain make me freeze. I want to tell them it will be ok, but as I look up from my leg I see smiling crocodile teeth in every corner of my vision.

As I start to panic, confused at my babies behaviour, I thrust my limbs towards the seamoth. Just as my fingers could feel the cold of the hatch handle I heard a *clang*. I never comprehended that they had purposefully bumped the craft away from me. I never had time. I was nothing more than a red stain in the water by the time the last stalker wriggled free of the sack...
    MY STALKER THAT I PUT IN AN AQUARIUM AND FED IT DESPAWNED!
    When I put him outside
    Who can help me make it so my stalker not despawn outside my base?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    You let it go and it just vanished? That's odd.
  • WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    It could have swam over to the nearest kelp forest but I'm not too sure because normally when you let out an animal from your tank It just swims around your base but it's always a possibility.
    Well I tamed it then I disappeared. :(
  • TotalologistTotalologist Norwich, UK. Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215379Members
    It likely chased some prey and ended up out of visual range.

I regularly drop excess airbags and reginalds from my tanks just outside my main base hatch. Whenever I go off exploring and come back, a few have presumably been eaten. I seeded the wreck in kelp forest with stalkers, sandsharks and bonesharks and every time I return it is a little bit sparser, as they seem to kill each other off.

The thing to bear in mind is you can seed areas with your raised fish, but it is not a closed system and they can move, die, eat other fish you wanted to keep etc. If you drop 10 stalkers at your base, expect maybe 8 to still be there when you return from a trip.

ps. if you do this, also drop a couple of metal scraps and you will find the outside of your base littered in stalker teeth.