Is there a Chance for a Multiplayermode?

DerSucherDerSucher Germany Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217798Members
edited May 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
As the Title say. Is there a Chance for a Multiplayermode for like 1-4 Players? I know the Statement from the Developer. But what do you think about this Idea?

Comments

• CHATALOTCHATALOT Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217696Members
    Well i think it would have to be a different situation/planet as the main game is built around lonliness
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    I think that it shouldn't be manditory. Most Subnautica players want multiplayer, but there is still actually quite a big proportion of players that don't. You shouldn't have to play in multiplayer if you don't want to.
  • DyteDyte FRANCE Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217693Members
    i like the idea and pretty sure that the Dev's aslo want to make it happen, it will be very funny but it can aslo be very tought. I do not talk of the game but for those playing it... well not so tough i guess!

I think we will get a multiplay but more like a ''subnautica 2'' when this one will be finished. I hope something like a planet size adventure, after the crash of the Aurora a expéditon as been sent to discover the mysteries behind it or the planet will/as become a resort destination and we are here to make sure it can happen/it go right.

It will be fun to do:
    - seamoth races
    - cyclops excursions
    - explorations groups
    - rescues forces
    - mining troups/teams
    - fishing and breeding fish
    - taming

and alot of thing i didn't think about!!!! @o@
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    I could picture a kinf of two-player coop mode. Isn't there a sticky thread in general discussion about it, where they say, maybe in a different spin-off game of some sorts?

Personally I think Subnautica is about Loneliness and contemplating. I play Subnautica more for the visual experience than fpr the gameplay and other players with interactions would hurt my immersion. Mainly because so many people could play in a sandbox/survival game in a way that irritates me.

However a Journey-type, multiplayer-experience could work and even help there. Not something on my list though.
  • GabrielBCGabrielBC anh? Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216170Members
    Dyte wrote: »
    i like the idea and pretty sure that the Dev's aslo want to make it happen, it will be very funny but it can aslo be very tought. I do not talk of the game but for those playing it... well not so tough i guess!

I think we will get a multiplay but more like a ''subnautica 2'' when this one will be finished. I hope something like a planet size adventure, after the crash of the Aurora a expéditon as been sent to discover the mysteries behind it or the planet will/as become a resort destination and we are here to make sure it can happen/it go right.

It will be fun to do:
    - seamoth races
    - cyclops excursions
    - explorations groups
    - rescues forces
    - mining troups/teams
    - taming

Not subnautica 2 please. It would ruin the ENTIRE point of the game.
    GabrielBC wrote: »
    Dyte wrote: »

It will be fun to do:
    - seamoth races
    - cyclops excursions
    - explorations groups
    - rescues forces
    - mining troups/teams
    - taming

Not subnautica 2 please. It would ruin the ENTIRE point of the game.

The entire point of the game is LONLINESS so actually it would help by making it a seperate game/adventure!!!!!!!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I don't know that the point is loneliness, there is still hope of finding other survivors, even if they're not in the game proper. Both Keen and LaFette are MIA, but I don't know of any evidence that they're dead.
  • ZisisZisis Greece Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216066Members
    In my opinion, multiplayer should not even be tried to be implemented because first of all there are a lot of things to add to the game and secondly major issues should be solved first like clipping. I hate clipping!
    Ralij wrote: »
    I don't know that the point is loneliness, there is still hope of finding other survivors, even if they're not in the game proper. Both Keen and LaFette are MIA, but I don't know of any evidence that they're dead.

Well I do know of evidence that they're dead. wait for a very long time and the communications relay gives of this message:
    {I cant remember this bit} Mode switch: patrol Survivers remaining: 1
    Zisis wrote: »
    In my opinion, multiplayer should not even be tried to be implemented because first of all there are a lot of things to add to the game and secondly major issues should be solved first like clipping. I hate clipping!

I'm just glad my laptop can run the game; never mind clipping XD
  • DarkCrasy39DarkCrasy39 Lamoura Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218421Members
    This idea looks like a very nice idea, so you can play with your friends at the game and advanced your game with us, do groups explorations, ...but 4 persons max it to short, i say 20 persons maximum is better.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    Im Tired of people posting this ****.
  • GabrielBCGabrielBC anh? Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216170Members
    edited June 2016
    ...but 4 persons max it to short, i say 20 persons maximum is better.

20 is too much... Maybe 8 people should be enough.
  • mbos14mbos14 Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218539Members
    i think a multiplayer with a max of 4 is the best for this game and mainly aimed at a co-op settings then a free for all