What Kind of Creature Would You Want to See in Subnautica?

fakin2fakin2 Vancouver, BC Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220012Members
edited July 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions

Comments

• fakin2fakin2 Vancouver, BC Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220012Members
    I can't edit it XD. It doesn't have all the options yet, it published it randomly D:
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I just voted on the later one (I'm from future) but now I have come to vote on this one!
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    62c02c85e63cc63c7f0f677a9de9b2d3.jpg

Anyone remember "The Abyss?" Of course you do, why else would you be playing this game? :wink:

But here is my thought, and how this can tie into the whole "precursor" story - make 'em hostile as all heck.

"Wait, wut?" you say. "Neon space mermen hostile? But why? Why would you do that?"

One, because no one would expect it. Two, because I'm totally stealing the idea of the Falmer from Skyrim. See, the idea would be that these are the devolved/mutated/voodoo cursed/degenerate/reality TV watching descendants of the Once Great Precursor civilization that have, over the eons, forgotten most of their technology and now more into the whole headhunting & cannibalism thing.

Hey, you wanted an end game monster that could threaten bases, right? Well, start with one that's smart enough to realize what a base even is and why destroying it would totally screw up your day. The key is to keep them end game: Give them a trigger even so that the don't even spawn until the player goes someplace they really shouldn't ("Depth 3000m... hmmm, a glowing house. I'll go knock on the door and see who's home.") Then, once triggered, they start actively hunting the player (more spawns at lower depths, less at higher, for balance) until they can solve the Final Quest/Mystery of the game, whatever the devs decide that is (even if it's just "get off the dang planet" that's fine).

The toughest enemy doesn't need to be the biggest thing in the ocean. It only needs to be the smartest thing in the ocean. A mirror of the player themselves, if you will.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    What the heck is the abyss
    What the heck is the abyss

Assuming that was sarcasm.
  • GreyFox33GreyFox33 Australia Join Date: 2016-07-13 Member: 220145Members
    edited July 2016
    No serious! What is the abyss? Do you mean the area in Subnautica? If you don't @GreyFox33 and @DagothUr than I have no clue!
    What is the Abyss you ask? Only one of the best underwater/exploration sci-fi movies out there :)

It is a must watch!

edited July 2016
    Okay, I'll watch a preview.
    Edit:Yeah, it does look awesome. Some trivia about it, it had the first ever animated water effect.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    I made a deep sea hunter that is about 3 meters in length that is defensive until the player enters is hunting grounds, then it will chase the player until it's out of the territory or too far away above to pursue (it's stuck to the floor). It had s pincer like tail that is hardened enough to pierce armor, and can massively damage the sea moth if allowed to. It can only attack you if you are near the sea floor. But I think I will change anatomy to this arthropodic creature
    Edit:Yeah, it does look awesome. Some trivia about it, it had the first ever animated water effect.

The Abyss has probably sold so many copies of this game that the devs morally owe James Cameroon royalties. :blush:
    DagothUr wrote: »

The Abyss has probably sold so many copies of this game that the devs morally owe James Cameroon royalties. :blush:

haha, aint that the truth!
  • CptFlubberGuppyCptFlubberGuppy Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220214Members
    I would like a lot more of every kind of creature, honestly, but for now I want something to be terrified of besides the reaper leviathan. But one thing I want because of bigger things is for them to "see," or more accurately having them not see unless you do something that lets them see you or it looks at you, instead of everything just knowing you are there.