Crabsnakes have vanished - 34431 Jul-2016

CyionCyion London, ON Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215334Members
Hello Devs,

I've noticed that all the crabsnakes have vanished from the mushroom caves. I believe they might have swam through the cave walls and went who knows where. I did an experiment and cheated a crabsnake into mushroom cave and it eventually swam through the cave wall and into oblivion, never returning.

Comments

• SkirlasvoudSkirlasvoud Groningen Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220000Members
    I think it's part of the Deadzone bug. I've tried reporting it, not sure if UnknownWorlds even notices anymore.

Sometimes, even right after starting a new game, certain zones are simply completely devoid of all fish life, predators and prey fish included. I'm not sure where they went. Not sure walls have anything to do with it as it happens to surface life too, but there you go.
  • CyionCyion London, ON Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215334Members
    I think it's part of the Deadzone bug. I've tried reporting it, not sure if UnknownWorlds even notices anymore.

Sometimes, even right after starting a new game, certain zones are simply completely devoid of all fish life, predators and prey fish included. I'm not sure where they went. Not sure walls have anything to do with it as it happens to surface life too, but there you go.

It is possible that it is related however all the other fish are still present in the mushroom biome.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2016

We notice. Just because we don't reply, doesnt mean we have not seen something. We always appreciate a heads up.

Edit, I just checked 35073 and they are there:

tlJzmlC.jpg

• SkirlasvoudSkirlasvoud Groningen Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220000Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

We notice. Just because we don't reply, doesnt mean we have not seen something. We always appreciate a heads up.

I spoke too hastily then, apologies. Thanks for stopping by.

The Trello board confuses me somewhat. A lot of the things the community notices ubiquitously, simply aren't on there and I'm not sure whether that's because community feedback gets placed in a pool that's too unimportant to the devs to mention anywhere. I've sent a screenshot + description, but after a day or so it drift off the site you have for reports and... that's it. It's wonderful you people are being so transparent, but the downside to that, is that when we can see everything but we can't see our own feedback anymore, we start to get worried. It's as if it got expunged as not relevant. Meanwhile if I report a bug to a dev who has 0 Transparency, I kinda assume it got received and dealt with.

To get back on topic: I've noticed this bug too Obraxis, however, it's VERY RANDOM and nearly impossible to replicate. You can go ahead and check, but chances are that you wont see it just by checking once.

In the meantime, I must have restarted the game a 100 times during this version. I'm a perfectionist and I'm just checking for spots that would be cool to build bases and plan, before I go hardcore and gather the materials.

In those hundred times, I must have seen it happen about... 5 times?

1 in a hundred times, the mushroom caves are completely empty. Sometimes, the Safe Shallows are completely devoid of life. Sometimes it happens to the Kelp forests.

Ciyon just stated it's just the crab snakes though, so maybe my comments are unrelated after all.