Performance Advice

scouttsscoutts Victoria, BC Join Date: 2016-07-28 Member: 220747Members
Hi there. I don't have much new to add to the conversation around bugs that haven't already been reported. The number one issue is performance and lag. From what I have read there are three factors Xbox users would be affected by.

1. Numer of objects. I have three bases and every time I load the game all the bases are getting loaded so that is slowing things down a lot. Now, If i deconstruct two of the bases has anyone seen performance come back significantly? I also have about 7 storage cabinets full of various resources. Is that slowing the game down? I have read about a memory bleed with storage containers on the Seamoth where they have to be emptied, deconstructed and reconstructed. Can dev confirm this? What about removal of those items from the base? I assume if i throw all my lithium and gold etc out in the water they will disappear but will that help? ie...is there a regen of those items on the map that when they are harvested and kept it slows the game down?

2. Terrain. Terrain is so slow at times I have to stop and wait 5 seconds for objects to appear. I have seen that on PC users they can turn off grass etc. Is there a plan to offer this to Xbox users? Or is there a way to do that I'm not aware of?

3. Particular objects. Things slowed down when I built the seamoth, and the Cyclops in particular..so now it's so laggy it's not playable. It's a bit of a conundrum because without the Cyclops there isn't anything new to explore. Have any of the dev team confirmed performance of those particular items?

Finally...although it sounds negative...i love the game thus I've spent time building multiple bases and exploring for hours...but want to know if there are compromises to be made that would make it playable or have i exhausted this beta version, so sit tight for the next patch?

Comments

• Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    Optimization will be worked out in the future. It is low on the dev's list of priorities. All of the pop-in, choppiness, lagginess, slow load times is "normal" right now and everyone is experiencing it. Remember this is early access and everything will be smoothed out in the future, just hang in there.
  • scouttsscoutts Victoria, BC Join Date: 2016-07-28 Member: 220747Members
    I know it's not the highest list of priorities but...to continue exploring bugs and functionality it has to be usable. With the current setup which I think the average user doesn't have 3 bases, Sea Moth, Cyclops etc etc What I was looking for was from the dev team...do I deconstruct, do I change settings or do I just wait and be patient for next patch.
  • Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    scoutts wrote: »
    I know it's not the highest list of priorities but...to continue exploring bugs and functionality it has to be usable. With the current setup which I think the average user doesn't have 3 bases, Sea Moth, Cyclops etc etc What I was looking for was from the dev team...do I deconstruct, do I change settings or do I just wait and be patient for next patch.

This question gets asked all the time on the forums. If a dev answers, they will pretty much say the same thing I did.
  • WhiteFox77WhiteFox77 Minnesota Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217564Members
    Start a new world and don't build the cyclops. Makes a big difference.