Walking speed

Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
So I know you can sprint on land but the ordinary walking speed is just a little too slow. Maybe amp up the walking speed and amp up the sprint speed. Also, I'm pretty sure this isn't a thing, make sprinting drain more of your hunger and hydration.

Comments

• ZisisZisis Greece Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216066Members
    It could be cool if sprinting slowly drained oxygen at some point where you have, lets say, 10 oxygen and the player stops for some seconds to relax while heavy-breathing and huffing
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Wait, you can sprint on land? That's the first time I heard this! Can somebody please tell me the sprint button for the xbox version?
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    Wait, you can sprint on land? That's the first time I heard this! Can somebody please tell me the sprint button for the xbox version?

It's only in the experimental version for the next update. It's not on a Stable release yet.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I play on experimental but when the exosuit update comes out its back to stable.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    In the experimental version, we made the regular walking speed lower to fit a slightly more realistic pace. You can sprint now using the shift key, Xbox will also get this once the full Exosuit/Ship update comes out. Xbox or Xbox controller users on PC will be able to sprint by pressing & clicking down the left movement stick.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @bwc153 @Obraxis Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Jim_Jim_ Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219811Members
    Any chance that the walking speed in VR was fixed?
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    YES! That's the whole point.
  • DystroxicDystroxic USA Join Date: 2016-07-15 Member: 220270Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    In the experimental version, we made the regular walking speed lower to fit a slightly more realistic pace. You can sprint now using the shift key, Xbox will also get this once the full Exosuit/Ship update comes out. Xbox or Xbox controller users on PC will be able to sprint by pressing & clicking down the left movement stick.

This is excellent news, as the VR speed was unbearable. BUT, it would be wonderful if maybe there could be a toggle option in the menu for "always sprint"?
  • JearBear87JearBear87 Shreveport, LA Join Date: 2016-08-10 Member: 221143Members

Me too, That is crazy.