Things We Didn't Know Existed

JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
I just thought it would be cool to start a discussion about new things that we've found in Subnautica that we never even knew existed. I'll start it off by saying that I didn't know that the Kelp Forest came so deep and close to the Mushroom Forest:
blxcgsabcy0z.jpg

A lot of you probably already did, but that's the point of this. It's for people to see either what they've found that others haven't or for those who haven't found these things to go out searching. So, what did you find in Subnautica that you never knew existed? I'd love to see :)

Comments

• awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    An entrance to the lost river boneyard in the deep grand reef. How do you add pictures!?
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    How do you add pictures!?

When you're writing there's a little folder symbol at the bar above the text box. Click it and you can select a picture file, or drag and drop it, to have it show up on your post.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    There's a crevasse in the Kelp Forest that's near the cliffs facing the Underwater Islands. It's full of "Kelp Forest Cave" ecosystem and resources (ESPECIALLY SANDSTONE!), but it's open to the surface and big enough to drive a Seamoth around in.

I also didn't know that Mesmers showed up in Kelp Forest caves. Better them than Crash, I guess.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    orobouros wrote: »
    There's a crevasse in the Kelp Forest that's near the cliffs facing the Underwater Islands. It's full of "Kelp Forest Cave" ecosystem and resources (ESPECIALLY SANDSTONE!), but it's open to the surface and big enough to drive a Seamoth around in.

I also didn't know that Mesmers showed up in Kelp Forest caves. Better them than Crash, I guess.
    I was watching TV and saw a dragon that looked like a giant crash fish from behind *shivers*

• orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    orobouros wrote: »

I was watching TV and saw a dragon that looked like a giant crash fish from behind *shivers*

You're not excited about being able to breed the buggers in your aquariums next week? Farmable propulsion-cannon grenades. NOW we're talking. How much you want to bet they STILL won't be lethal to so much as a Sandshark, much less any flavor of Leviathan?
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    kJG wrote: »
    9c2fzup93j5a.png

This plant. Its extremely rare, there are only two existing in the game right now

Actually i found sea crown quite often, but in former builds months ago. I think it is a great decision if dev did make the plant rare one. I hope there will be more rare plants or even creatures which are only to be found in deep caves etc. We literally have no reason to explore those awesome caves except for eye candy.

This would be also great for achievement system, collecting randomly hidden plants and creatures.
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    I think mountain biome isn't that well known by players because it is around the north edge of the map and also because most people stop going furthur than mountain island.

There are some nice caves and great scenery and several reapers. I still want it to be more attractive and beautiful, though, as currently there are too much empty spaces in the biome.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I didn't know till a few days ago that the Sparse Reef has 3+ distinctive regions.
  • rottendrakerottendrake Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217470Members
    Played for more than 60 hours and just realized propulsion cannon can pull and push objects. I skipped to repulsion cannon directly. Never knew that propulsion is more useful in many ways. I never have to swim and go after fishes again.