Blueprint for Cyclops shows 2/3 finished but *is* available to build

Mr_PeaCHMr_PeaCH San Diego Join Date: 2016-08-24 Member: 221681Members
Perhaps this belongs in 'bug discussion' but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this glitch.

So I don't pay a great deal of attention all the time to what fragment I'm picking up; I just wave the scanner over the bits and boxes and if it lights up in the lower-right that I need it, I scan it. From time to time I collect the final piece and am awarded the message that such-and-such blueprint has been added; but like I said I'm not totally invested at the time.

Then I check to see what I still need and in this case it is to build the Cyclops. I am noticing that it says "Cyclops - 2/3" Not 'Cyclops Hull' or 'Engine' or 'Bridge'... just Cyclops. I don't really think about it but I deduce that it must be the engine because I see the blueprints for hull and bridge. I think I have gotten all the pieces but I try and go back and for the life of me I cannot find a single engine piece. Frustrated I give up for the moment and move on and do other things.

At some time later, definitely after saving and re-loading, I resume the hunt for the missing Cyclops piece. The blueprints page still says "Cyclops - 2/3" at the top and as I scroll down I see ALL the Cyclops parts' blueprints AND the overall blueprint to be able to build Cyclops. I go up to the mobile vehicle bay and sure enough; it is there waiting to be built.

I have no idea what happened or why it still says that I have 2/3 of the necessaries for Cyclops but I've built it and it still thinks I am missing something. The point being, the game telling me I was missing something apparently kept me from realizing that I already had everything I needed... because I'm a sucker or something.

Comments