Subnautica list of bugs - PRAWN update (9/9/16 - updated)

2»

Comments

• JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    It's been a long time since this has been out for the Xbox and yet I still can't make a base without the terrain refilling and clipping the base every time I load in.

Still a game preview

I meant that it's been in the preview program for so long. I can't imagine the bug is that difficult to fix and I can't imagine that they haven't known about it.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    It's been a long time since this has been out for the Xbox and yet I still can't make a base without the terrain refilling and clipping the base every time I load in.

Is there any chance that you had bases where the terrain has changed? I've never ran into this problem myself so I'm not sure, but they have changed the landscape (water...scape?) quite a bit since launch.
  • Fox_NomadFox_Nomad Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221551Members
    @BlindGuardian Jebus is referring to the ability to build a structure where the landscape conforms to that structure (if the base is partially 'inside' the terrain but still green when you build it, the land will be taken away around it). But currently, when you leave that zone and return to your base, the land is back and will block off areas of the structure.
  • Luffy490Luffy490 USA Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218088Members
    Fox_Nomad wrote: »
    @BlindGuardian Jebus is referring to the ability to build a structure where the landscape conforms to that structure (if the base is partially 'inside' the terrain but still green when you build it, the land will be taken away around it). But currently, when you leave that zone and return to your base, the land is back and will block off areas of the structure.

Yup, this has been an issue ever since preview launch. The only way around this is to build a base away from land as best as you can. The less you allow the game to pave terrain away for your base sections, the better.

Also, updated post/thread.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Fox_Nomad wrote: »

Ah I see, luckily I have not run into this yet!
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    edited September 2016
    Finally had some time to take a dive into the new PRAWN update, reporting some of the bugs and issues encountered so far!

- Lifepod crash sequence shows water clipping through floor, the bug actually persists even after.
    - Floating storage disappears after going far away from it and coming back.
    - Bases on island showing up in thin air far before actual island does.
    - Can't see the whole land mass of isle even when on it.
    - Very rough texture pop in, sometimes scenery loads before terrain.
    - Terrain looks like floating when it isn't.
    - Random black boxes appear on screen for a fraction of a second, sometimes multiple.
    - Very low-res player HUD textures and scenery, like abandoned bases.
    - Random framerate drops.
    - If the arm of the player character is supposed to show the time of day, it's too low-res be to read.
    - Inventory slot selection is a bit fidgety and over reactive.
    - No pickup sound for titanium Aurora debris, also no sound for picking fruits from island.
    - Terraformed terrain by base placement resets to original state when going far away and returning.

- This is just a balancing issue, but we now start without multipurpose room blueprint unlocked; I think this doesn't really facilitate settling down in the beginning, as you need to go as far as mushroom cave or be lucky enough to find the floating island to scan it. Maybe this is intended so players won't settle down immediately, but it sure does make certain easier to find blueprints initially impractical or useless because of not enough interior space to build...

That's it for me! The game crashed after a couple of enjoyable hours with it, and I forgot to save. I think some of the game has improved, for ex. I like the bloom effect, and the sound worked without so much as a hitch. Subnautica on Xbox One is still is very rough around the edges, but being able to play without major save or game breaking bugs was great, or just temporarily very fortunate on my part. Due to the final crash I wasn't able to see much of the new content, but I will restart another game and try again as soon I've got the time. I'm also curious to see if there are bugs across saves, like the dreaded blueprints disappearing one... But enough talk! Thanks for the update and keep it up UW! Slowly but steadily getting there... Like a lumbering but highly explosive torpedo!

PS: @Luffy490 is doing an awesome job with these threads, I hope they get noticed by the devs :)
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    The bulkhead bug is still here cause i encountered it eariler