[Bug] Bad textures post Dangerous Creatures Update

scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
Started a new game after the DC update, and right away I noticed that some of the textures and colors for the fish/etc are way off.

It looked like there was an image of the Creepvine Pod superimposed/tangled with some of the fish I see (Peeper, Stalker)
OQ5STFS.jpg

Later, when returning to the pod I can see its more like an image behind the main game image, like I'm looking through holes cut in the game scenery at something behind it
orAA5Jm.jpg

Finally, inside the pod, I can see its something stuck to my character's model/view, so that wherever I look, this image is blocking/blending with everything.
uBZTvkY.jpg

I just started a second new game (about a half hour after the one pictured above) and the problem continues.

Comments

• scubascuba Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222584Members
    This problem persists into version 38366. It is due to the new disease system they are adding and this is a placement texture someone thought would make a funny practical joke. The ONLY solution that I know of is to revert back to version 38266 (which is just the beta version of the stable dangerous creatures update) This is a really bad solution because 38636 fixed a really bad cyclops disappearing glitch. I hope someone can post a work around solution or what version will remove this glitch (it gets worse if you catch more fish). Oh one other solution... don't catch fish or make sure you cook or eat them right away (which doesn't help too much if you are far away from a place you can cook) so your only solution is not to catch fish far from a cooking site!
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    @Obraxis - this is the thread I mentioned.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This should be fixed. When submitting, please say if you're running the Experimental version. It's our live development build so things will break from time to time.
  • Noah1955Noah1955 Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219780Members
    that is the carar virus i think i have pictures of those too but for some reason Acituanbus said that was the carar virus