Sloped Corridors

MrMarblzMrMarblz Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222635Members
Can we have sloped corridors? That would make a much more dynamic and interesting variation to every base. I can't even count how many times I wanted to (somewhat) shape my base with the terrain, but only had the vertical connectors as my best option.

Comments

• KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    I absolutely agree everytime I build my base I think about that.
    I always try to build my main base as dynamic as possible with lots of curved corridors but sometimes when I just want to connect a corridor to a MPR or one MPR to another MPR and they are not exactly symmetrically placed it's not possible.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Yes, a straight corridor that goes upwards one tier would be great. Ladders may be functional, but not always convenient, especially with the way you can't rotate them.
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    Agree completely.
    The bases are too standardised - Yes, EA, yes more important things to concentrate on at the moment - but more flexible base development would be very handy.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited September 2016
    agree... But i think here more helpfull some sort of corrugated pipe... but if calculate a pressure of water on the deep... yes. Your idea more 'universal'
    i like it (angle can be 45 degrees)
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    Yes, a straight corridor that goes upwards one tier would be great. Ladders may be functional, but not always convenient, especially with the way you can't rotate them.

Many times the ladder is placed in a way that most blocks my way of travel. So I get frustrated and have to stick them in dead ends so they are out of the way. But then it makes going up/down levels more cumbersome.

Slopes would be great... so long as you dont snag your head everytime like you do with all the doorways in the multi-purpose room >:(
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    And you can configure how steep the corridor is maybe, just for a bit more customisation.
  • Harry82Harry82 France Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221617Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    And you can configure how steep the corridor is maybe, just for a bit more customisation.

That'd be the shot.

The vertical connectors would then have to be modified to "snap to" until a maximum length of what they are. This would avoid connection issues with the rest of the base of you had ladders and ramps, as the height differences would no longer be even steps to accommodate the fixed length verts.

+1 for ramps (minus the head butting!)
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I hate the way stacked corridors are. I want a corridor that is specifically made to connect to a ladder that is coming up. But sloped corridors, why isn't that here yet.
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    I hate the way stacked corridors are. I want a corridor that is specifically made to connect to a ladder that is coming up. But sloped corridors, why isn't that here yet.

I wondered why there wasnt an 'elbow down' specifically for capping the vertical tube on the side of like a T or X.

If its based on the snap grid, I don't see why not. Making a 2w x 1d for a gradual slope, or a 1 x 1 for a steep slope (maximum slope I'd imagine... hard running up a 1w x 2d).
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Frigidman wrote: »

I wondered why there wasnt an 'elbow down' specifically for capping the vertical tube on the side of like a T or X.

If its based on the snap grid, I don't see why not. Making a 2w x 1d for a gradual slope, or a 1 x 1 for a steep slope (maximum slope I'd imagine... hard running up a 1w x 2d).

Because you will hit your head.
    Because you will hit your head.

My head already hurts too much from the multi-purpose room doorways ;)