[Building] Allow us to decide when corridors are placed.

FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
(I admit I'm not a huge base builder, I play survival, and just tinker...)

It would be nice if we could somehow pick and choose which auto-connections are made for some of the large rooms.

Last night, I was stacking two multipurpose room towers next to each other, and was getting mighty annoyed that it was auto-making corridors between each as I went. I only want one on top and one on bottom... not every single level between.

Same with the moon pool rooms, I put two side-by-side, and I only wanted one door to connect, while I used the other side slot to put vehicle modification stations for each moon room.

Comments

• Hammy2211Hammy2211 Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223218Members
    I'm inclined to agree, although I'm not sure whether or not the current system is capable of that. I think it could certainly make navigating larger bases less confusing. When all your multipurpose rooms have a similar layout, it's surprisingly easy to lose track of which floor you're on. While you can easily avoid the problem just by adding an extra normal corridor to space them out, this would still be a nice touch.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    I'm not sure. I mean, it seems the game goes out of its way to figure out when to connect two ports, I would think it be a matter of toggling that on or off. Not like the outsides of two ports bump into each other... especially with the multi-rooms which have large spans from where you can place them.

Actually, brings up my desire for 45 degree corridors from multi-room to multi-room ... hmm.

I resort to those lovely 'signs' when I'm getting lost often ... hehe, those are really cool. Wish they laid flatter on the walls though ;)
  • Hammy2211Hammy2211 Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223218Members
    Yeah, I just learned the other day that they actually get longer when you try to type text into them. Until then, I thought they were too small to be of much use for anything.

I'm an idiot sometimes. :P
  • lentinantlentinant Ukraine Join Date: 2016-10-25 Member: 223357Members
    At least possibility to build some sort of wall inside of connector, as possible solution?