Creature Size Improvements

Matthew66667Matthew66667 Join Date: 2016-10-30 Member: 223470Members
I recently had the idea that after seeing the enlarged reef back that things were a little off. First of all it has become so large (A size which I think suits and should not change) that it undermines many other leviathans in the game. I can understand how it should be bigger than the reaper and that it would be hard to change the animation of it grabbing the seamoth and prawn or whatever but being nearly as big as the Sea Dragon, really? So I propose this an enlargement of most creatures including the Sea Dragon, Sea Emperor (more than it's currently estimated size which I will go into more in a minute) Crabsquids, River Prowler and the Phantom Leviathan (More than it's currently estimated size which I will also get to in a minute). First of all the Crabsquid I think should be enlarged round about 85% just because they would be a much more menacing predator and there is too much room for them in the lost river and grand reef making them much scarier and better as a deep sea, nearer to end game creature. Next the river prowler should also be enlarged I think to round about 90% making them even bigger than Crabsquids as to seem as if they were a better higher tier predator. Then the colossus himself the Sea Dragon leviathan, enlarging him at slightly less than the amount the reef back was enlarged would not only fit in the lava zone comfortably but would serve to roll of an end game predator perfectly. Next a creature which has not even been added yet, the Phantom Leviathan. I think that this would be a great creature in the lost river mainly because it would be sized up to create a Bridge between the Sea Dragons size and the Unknowns size (I will explain soon). Then the Sea Emperor would have to be scaled up twice the size of the Sea Dragon and her babies would have to be scaled up as well. Finally we get to the unknown, it seems to me odd that in the shallower waters their is only the reaper as a leviathan (And a small one in comparison at that) and then deeper there are a massive cluster of leviathans. So as an alternative I have devised a new creature one which is smaller than the Phantom but Bigger than the Reaper. It will spawn in repetitively the same place as reaper but with more space to swim and deeper down. This creature (possibly shown as the creature in the "Deep Sea Creature" art) will be up to unknown world to define appearance wise and how it behaves but it will defiantly be aggressive. So there are my ideas for Subnautica Creature Enlargement Which I think will add alot more impact for players and to the story making Subnautica even more enjoyable than it already is.

Comments

• dashingbronzedashingbronze CA Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205096Members
    Although I will agree that the Reefback should not be almost as large as the Dragon, the size of the creatures in the game are bigger than your POV. If you were to compare the character with the creatures, they are much bigger than they look from a first person point of view
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    First of all it has become so large (A size which I think suits and should not change) that it undermines many other leviathans in the game.

I don't understand this at all.

They're basically giant whale squids. An apex herbivore with no natural predators that lives in deep, open ocean. They're gonna be huge.

Great White Sharks don't stop being terrifying because a Blue Whale is a hundred times their size.

It just makes no sense to me.
  • Matthew66667Matthew66667 Join Date: 2016-10-30 Member: 223470Members
    Thanks Guys for the feedback I Agree that some of the stuff I Said was a bit outlandish so here is my new and improved version. The Phantom Leviathan Should be about the size of the Reefbacks as shown in the concept art (A little smaller now that I think about it) to make them big enough and scary. The Dragon however should be bigger than The Phantom and Reef back but now by crazy amounts just maybe 80% the length and a bit thicker. This would make for a fantastic game experience in my opinion though it would mean the Sea Emperor would have to be very, very large I think that this would be the right thing and the right direction for subnautica to go in.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    The sizes for these creatures are pretty much set in stone.
    First of all it has become so large (A size which I think suits and should not change) that it undermines many other leviathans in the game.

I don't understand this at all.

They're basically giant whale squids. An apex herbivore with no natural predators that lives in deep, open ocean. They're gonna be huge.

Great White Sharks don't stop being terrifying because a Blue Whale is a hundred times their size.

It just makes no sense to me.

Pretty much this.