Flying vehicle

autobot4everautobot4ever n/a Join Date: 2016-10-15 Member: 223154Members
I would love this just so I can get on top of the auroa

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    If you just want to get up, though, get a PRAWN with 2 grapple arms. Also, if you use a propulsion arm, you can grab certain things and use them to push yourself upward (stand on them).

It's pretty glitchy, but there's nothing up there anyway. The entire Aurora is just a shell with a small set of rooms in the middle.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

This will not happen.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    There's a jetpack card in the post-V1.0 stack. Mind that it is little more than a possibility, not a guarantee. (Also very much hoping the PRAWN will be adjusted to have some jump capacity above the surface. It's weird rn how you just drop after passing from water to air.)

I too would love it if the top of the Aurora could be included in gameplay, like being the sole entrance to some late game loot. Seems like a perfect discovery spot if you ask me.
  • DatGamertjeDatGamertje Join Date: 2016-10-14 Member: 223111Members
    Flying vehicles would exactly not be possible! As we all pretty much know they G.U.N will shoot it down :)
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    If the Aurora used, lets say almost 15% of its space, there might be hatches, ladders, and hallways that made its way to the top. The Aurora is just so disappointing......please devs, use more Aurora. At least put a gigantic room in for the phasegate or something...

Also, this game is underwater based. I'm sure a flying vehicle would get shot down, though a jetpack seems like it would be helpful.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    That precursor gun doesn't look like it's made to shoot down anything that's not at least orbital-class. It's purpose is to prevent things from entering or leaving, not to prevent transit within the planet itself.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I detailed a while ago that a flying vehicle would be great for "Fast Travel" to other parts of the planet, new maps and new biomes to explore.

Like you hop in a little "Seagull" craft, and can then fly out to a new map with a quick "loading screen" of endless ocean underneath you as you fly, or you can hover around the Mountain or Floater island.

Everything important is still under the water, so the Seagull would be purely for rapid transit between two places while skipping everything in between.

Could maybe transform into a shallow depth Submersible for accessing SeaBases.

I really like the design of the "bubble ship" from Oblivion, and think it would work great as inspiration for a convertible VTOL/Submersible.
    Oblivion+Movie+Aircraft.jpg

Replace the gravity ball things with some bladeless fans, and have em fold in when it goes underwater, and have the tail rotor rotate to become the main propulsion, making it look like a fish or a tadpole.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    That precursor gun doesn't look like it's made to shoot down anything that's not at least orbital-class. It's purpose is to prevent things from entering or leaving, not to prevent transit within the planet itself.

This. Otherwise it'd be trying to shoot at all those Skyrays flying around it.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Honestly I'd say flying vehicles would be too much / break immersion, but then I find out they might implement teleportation, and being able to fly between points seems pretty tame when compared with that. At least with flying you have to worry about power and taking off / landing correctly.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members

Grapple arm. It's all you need.