Creature Interactions

JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
I've got some ideas for a few creature interactions that could happen in game that I'd love to see. I was wondering whether I should put this in ideas and suggestions, but I thought this would be a bit more of a discussion than a solitary idea. Here are some things that I want to see happen in game (I'm going to give beat by beat examples of what could happen, but I imagine if these things did happen they wouldn't go exactly like this):

I'd love to see Stalkers fight over metal salvage. I imagine one would swim up to the metal salvage, but then suddenly another would burst out of the kelp and drive the original back slightly. There would be some roars and some intimidation before they started to fight. I imagine there would be no death (maybe on some very rare cases) but one would be driven away whilst the other takes the metal salvage away with him. And I imagine that sometimes whilst they're fighting another would swoop in to try and take the metal when both snap it this newcomer, and it is included in the fighting.

I recently watched as a group of biters, more than ten strong, attacked a sandshark in the Grassy Plateau. If only they'd actually killed the creature. I can picture a few scenarios here, the first being that as this sandshark is being attacked another (maybe its mate) swoops in and roars, sending the biters swimming away. But, if the biters do succeed in killing the beast, I see a group of bleeders instantly feasting on the carcass. Maybe then a boneshark could drive the bleeders away, and then another boneshark comes to try and take the meal away from the first one.

Also I'd love to see younger fish. I've referenced the iguana vs snake Planet Earth II fight where the iguanas hatch in the sand and try to swim up to reach their parents on the rocks without getting killed by the snakes. I'll reference it again. Maybe once every week, or every two in game weeks, a group of peepers could burst out of the sands of the Grassy Plateau and try to swim up to the reefbacks above, whilst dodging sandsharks, biters, bonesharks, and so on. Maybe thirty emerge and only three or four reach the reefback.

In the ILZ I imagine a Lava Larvae latching onto a Crimson Ray, and then it begins to try and shake the creature of. It succeeds, but then two latch on, and then another, and another, and so on until the Crimson Ray is completely covered. Then the Larvae could swim away, and the Crimson Ray could be dead, leaving the carcass only for the Lizards and other Larvae, maybe even the Sea Dragon.

I'm not sure if they already do this, but the Mesmer drawing in other creatures would be cool to see. I imagine the Mesmer putting a River Prowler in a trance, luring it closer... and then the Prowler swallows the Mesmer whole. I don't know, it would be cool to look at, and it might already happen. I just haven't seen it as much as I would have liked to.

If you've got any ideas, please share it here.

Comments

• Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Great Idea! But Wrong Thing Its On. It Should Be On The "Ideas And Suggestions" Section. But Still. Great Idea!
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited November 2016
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they already do this, but the Mesmer drawing in other creatures would be cool to see. I imagine the Mesmer putting a River Prowler in a trance, luring it closer... and then the Prowler swallows the Mesmer whole. I don't know, it would be cool to look at, and it might already happen. I just haven't seen it as much as I would have liked to.
    I occasionally see Mesmers put other creatures into a trance already, I actually just recently saw one put a River Prowler into a trance.

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Great Idea! But Wrong Thing Its On. It Should Be On The "Ideas And Suggestions" Section. But Still. Great Idea!

Like I said in the post, it's more of a discussion topic than an idea, since ideas usually stand on their own where this should be open to discussion. They're already implementing this a little bit, so it isn't really an idea at all, just some hypothetical examples of creature interactions.
  • ProbitasProbitas Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224009Members
    edited November 2016
    I wish the AI would stop causing Reefbacks to swim into my base. I haven't hatched any, as I don't play Experimental. So why all the time when I come back to the Underwater Island base are there Reefback Babies swimming into the thing? I've killed three so far with the PRAWN, and it's getting tiresome. I've never seen AI that dumb before. They can't even seem to manage swimming away when they take damage.

Here is an example.

293b1d8569.gif