[Experimental 44330] Batteries/power cells disappearing

Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
On the current experimental build if you try to slot a battery into a device that allready has one in, it removes the battery thats in just fine, removes the battery your trying to put in it's lace from your inventory, but doesn't put it in the device, meaning the battery disappears, same thing happens with powercells.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Temporary workaround: unload the battery first. Then, load in the fresh battery.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Temporary workaround: unload the battery first. Then, load in the fresh battery.

When I did this the battery I unloaded disappeared and then new battery was flat despite only just being crafted. I tried a second time and this time the battery worked, but again I lost the battery I removed.
  • ant_fioant_fio Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227275Members
    edited February 2017
    Really? I'll have to edit my post then, I observed that to be a valid workaround. I didn't have batteries disappearing on removal, only on swap. Testing...

Edit: My batteries aren't disappearing on removal so I have to refute; I'm getting different results from what you're describing on 44330. I remove a 98% battery from my welder, and I receive it. Same power level. I insert it back into the empty welder, it goes up to 98%. Did this a couple of times to ensure it was consistent. Can you describe exactly how you're getting removal to delete? Each time the total number of batteries I had was always 2, and this did not change. Only swapping deletes the power source for me.

Can also confirm the same thing happens with Power cells. Removal gives you the cell, insertion to the empty slot does not appear to delete for me.

Note that this is already on the trello for bug fixing, and also a duplicate of a previous post.

Edit2: Was transferred from playtesting about an hour ago and is labeled high priority. (11:38A GMT-6:00, 2/11/2017)
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    edited February 2017
    I checked the first page before posting this, since this forum is so slow i figured if it had been reported it would be there, or did i just go blind :p, and yeah should have mentioned the workaround, sorry.
    edited February 2017
    Oh no worries, I'm not anyone special and I'm not trying to start anything about it, or to say "use my post". They're both just spotlighting the issue, so there's no harm in saying it twice. And I'm just as happy to talk about it here as elsewhere. Hopefully they get it resolved soon; I imagine it was a minor bug, in code terms, since it was introduced by a change, and to an otherwise working feature of the game.
    Yeah i'm guessing that swapping batteries involves several code steps executed across sequential simulation frames and the last one which puts the new battery in the item isn't being triggered reliably. Powercells probably use the same piece of code.
    As an aside, is there anywhere you can go to find out what changes from experimental build to experimental build. Lot of updates but not sure what it's doing.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    There's a commit log somewhere IIRC.
    edited February 2017
    Here's commits. https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/#/subnautica/checkins

It's nice to occasionally see one you're aware of being worked on get hit.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Awesome posts. First, thank you for posting about this but so I'd know I wasn't going crazy. Second, thank you for the cool link to the Trello mentioning this very bug. Third, thank you for the link to the commits. It's very cool to see all this info. Thanks again!