The Cyclops is MAGICAL!

FalsonePlaysFalsonePlays Nauxes Join Date: 2017-05-27 Member: 230791Members
So I was playing the game and had a small... hiccup... when I exited and entered my game again. All of the water was GONE. I restarted my game, it still glitched. I was about to give up hope, but when I entered my Cyclops, all of the water had returned! I quickly exited the Cyclops and saved and praised the magical being that is the Cyclops. Have any of you had this glitch?

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Sometimes for some reasons, the game can fail to change the environment behavior and it drops you to the floor when you should be swimming. Using an environment transition, like entering the Cyclops or a hatch usually fixes this. Using the /warpme command from the console is a quick way to get to your Cyclops or Seabase and the opportunity to transition between environments.
  • Chris9183Chris9183 Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230526Members
    edited May 2017
    Yeah I ran into this problem when I was exploring the Alien Thermal Plant in the inactive lava zone. I believe mine was caused by a "water wall" in the structure that you pass through before going in, it goes from water to dry inside the structure. My PRAWN later glitched me through a wall while I exited it and there was no water anywhere in the world after that, had to revert to my last saved game. Entering/exiting my Cyclops did not resolve the issue.
  • FalsonePlaysFalsonePlays Nauxes Join Date: 2017-05-27 Member: 230791Members
    edited May 2017
    Well actually, @Fathom, I loaded the game in my seabase and it was only the environmental textures for the water that were affected. All the normal functions worked fine.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Well actually, @Fathom, I loaded the game in my seabase and it was only the environmental textures for the water that were affected. All the normal functions worked fine.
    Similar problem, same solution. Using an environment transition forces the game to load the environment, so if there was a bug before with it, it usually fixes itself that way.
  • FalsonePlaysFalsonePlays Nauxes Join Date: 2017-05-27 Member: 230791Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    Similar problem, same solution. Using an environment transition forces the game to load the environment, so if there was a bug before with it, it usually fixes itself that way.

Fair point, mate.