Water Visual Bugs

SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
Ok, so I loaded in my normally fine freedom world today, and I encountered a major bug. When I entered my game next to my seamoth in lost river (I ended my last game in my seamoth in lr last time, but I'm just trying to mention everything.) I noticed something different. The green hue was gone, and I could see everything clearly, the only thing was that it was kinda dark and black. At first I thought it was a minor thing that might go away, but as I went up towards the surface, it didn't the entirety of the ocean was clear as over-water and just as black, in open water it was black, and I think I could even see some oddly-colored clouds. Above the water the sky was blue and all, but the ocean wasn't there and where the water should be it was an odd grey color. I tried exiting and re-entering my save, closing steam and even restarting my computer a few times and the water is still odd. I tried to open a new save (in creative) and the water in this new one was fine. Does anybody know what this is--and by extension how I can fix it?

Comments

• arcasorarcasor Italy Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218577Members
    I experienced the same bug a few times in experimental; entering the Cyclops and then exiting always fixed it; even entering and exiting a base might work.
  • SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
    I actually fixed mine, heres wut u do
    go into options then enter the send feedback screen, then hit f3 and turn off waves and water, they are below and list.
  • v0ns1rv0ns1r Sweden Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235639Members
    Soich wrote: »
    I actually fixed mine, heres wut u do
    go into options then enter the send feedback screen, then hit f3 and turn off waves and water, they are below and list.

Thank you! fixed my problem!

I was exploring inside the Aurora and while trying to jump next to a wall i got clipped into wall. I could walk/swim around just fine but was limited to INSIDE the walls. After alot of fiddeling and trying to clip again i somehow got out and could enter my cyclops and i was free... But there was no water around me. I could see all the way through the render range.

Doing this fixed it. Water is "water volume" make sure both volume and surface is not selected.
  • CoolenCoolen Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235651Members
    edited January 2018
    To bad thit didn't fixed my problem. The complete sea is gone. sended an email to the defs a few weeks ago, but no respons.

I think it is just not loading the files.
  • Inny78Inny78 France Join Date: 2017-11-02 Member: 233820Members
    You may try to move far away from where the bug is happening - the water will eventually come back.