Different rooms

lukaskleinlukasklein Join Date: 2017-07-06 Member: 231639Members
So I think we can all agree that subnautica bases could use a new look and I think the problem is that the multipurpose rooms are all the same. For starters, I think a 45° hallway could be cool. That's not my idea, I took that from somebody else. However on personal feelings, I would like a large rectangular room maybe, thats nice. Also maybe there should be changeable lighting

Comments

• MoraxMorax Australia Join Date: 2017-07-17 Member: 231880Members
    Totally agree. After playing Ark, I really wishhh Subnautica's building system had more options. Would be so much fun to have more creative options to build structures
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    lukasklein wrote: »
    So I think we can all agree that subnautica bases could use a new look and I think the problem is that the multipurpose rooms are all the same. For starters, I think a 45° hallway could be cool. That's not my idea, I took that from somebody else. However on personal feelings, I would like a large rectangular room maybe, thats nice. Also maybe there should be changeable lighting

The bases are most likely cylinders as the cylinder is a strong shape. You can literally stack a couple of books on a rolled up piece of paper if it is held together by something. So therefore rectangular rooms would most likely be weaker. However, It would be nice and definitely add variety. It would definitely be something I would want in game. A control room would be nice, and maybe some other various room types with specific niches.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    I'd be happy if they just reused the moonpool model and gave it a floor. Or a scaled MP room.

Just something bigger for sure.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    A room shaped as the Moonpool would be pretty dang cool. Smaller than the moonpool of course, more like 1.5 to twice the size of a MP room would be perfect :smile:
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The Moonpool room would be a cheap implementation. Although I fear the devs would have to manually create rules for implementing big interior structures inside. So it wouldn't be in before 1.0 release probably, if the devs ever favored that.

It might be that the devs aren't aware how many crafting fans are there and how much the game would improve its replayability with more crafting possibilities.

But even then the game has no late game or near end game ease ups for crafting. No super mass harvesting and the warp network for Prawns is incomplete. No superdrill that drills and sucks resources in no time after a certain game stage near the cure.

I think the main reason could be that the devs are too focused on railroading everything to a story with a final planet escape, not a way to set up Subnautica as your living place with a network of bases.

Or they might think that every crafter at heart goes directly to creative mode, which would be an error to think. I don't really know, but the game offers really no crafting ease up for mass production near the end game.